User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Quick Forum Search

Who's Online

Upcoming Rallies

Weekly Photo

Anza Borrego Indian Head Mtn: Sunset
 Views: 310
Posted by ChocoChock01
Mar 12, 2013
in This Week's Photo Winner

Checkout My Rig

camper
 Views: 234
Posted by mickeytopher
Sep 13, 2014
in Checkout My Rig

Recent Topics

PopUp Times Magazine For Today's Small RV Enthusiast
See fewer ads! Become a free PopUpPortal member. Click here to Register

Author Topic: Pop Up Bedding  (Read 18428 times)

Offline serena7051

• Camper, 2nd Class
    • GA [GA]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
Pop Up Bedding
« on: April 14, 2008, 11:02:41 PM »
We have acquired a 88 Coleman Willaimsburg.  My question is...Is there any such thing as Pop Up Camper bed sheets?  I am a freak about sheets and having them nice and neat.  I don't want to use sleeping bags if I can keep from it. The pup is away having some repairs so I am not sure of the exact measurements of the beds.  What do you use?  How tight are they?  Do they come untucked at night?

Looking forward to Summer and our first trip in our pop up.

Offline becasunshine

• Star Camper
    • VA [VA]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
Pop Up Bedding
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 11:26:13 PM »
Hi, Newbie here also!

I don't know if this "formula" will work for you.  Here is what we did:

Our PUP has a double bed on one end and a king bed on the other.  We usually camp just the two of us in the PUP.  

Anyway, our "king" is not a true king size, but close enough at 72" x 72".  I think I remember reading somewhere that most if not all camper beds are not "true to size," i.e. the dimensions do not exactly match shore beds of the same size.  Many times one dimension is the same, but the second dimension differs.  Usually the second dimension, and it can be either width or length, is a bit smaller.

Our "king" is close enough that we decided to use king sheets on the bed.  They have worked well for us.  The fitted sheet simply covers a bit more real estate under the mattress.

We tuck most of the flat sheet under too.

There is no "drop," so we didn't buy a king sized blanket or comforter.  

We tried to match the dimensions of the bed to the dimensions of the blanket and comforter.  For our bed the full/queen comforter and blanket worked best.

We've not had problems with sheets coming untucked.  The blanket tucks in at the bottom and the comforter simply lays on top.

We bought an egg crate/memory foam topper from Walmart and a mattress pad to use under our sheets.  The mattress pad fits similarly to the fitted sheet.  

We had to trim the egg crate/memory foam topper a little to fit.  I simply used scissors and trimmed an inch or two from one side.  (The other side was a perfect 72", as I recall.)

We can't crank our roof down on all that padding; it won't close properly and we don't want to strain the locks.  

We roll the mattress topper, the mattress pad and the quilt up and store them on the floor.  The blanket and sheets go in the collapsible canvas laundry hamper.  The hamper comes in with us after every trip.

The sheets get washed and put back in the hamper.  The blanket gets washed as needed and put back in the hamper, as do the other PUP towels.

The hamper slides in the PUP's access door after the linens are washed and replaced.

I may use a sleeping bag and some light sheets for the other bed as needed, since we usually don't have anyone sleeping over there.

I hope this helps!

Him/Her Late Boomer Vintage
Two Wonderful Sons, Grown and Out!
One Non-Camping Cat
2007 Fleetwood Rio "Matilda" PopUp
2004 Toyota 4Runner "Joey 2" Tow Vehicle

Edited by - becasunshine on April 14 2008  23:34:15

Offline 4sheds

• Camper, 2nd Class
    • OK [OK]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
Pop Up Bedding
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 11:50:30 PM »
I read a post on here once to use the Jersey sheets and use a size smaller then your bunk size.  The queen sheets should stretch tight over a king size bunk.  We have not tried this but plan to.  You can check for discounted sheets at various stores...In Oklahoma "Ross Dress for Less" has lots of discounted items.

Steve   '71
Janice  '77
Kameron '98
Kaylee  '99

1998 Coleman Sun Ridge
1997 Chevy P/U

Offline ILUVTHEBEACH

• Eagle Camper
    • PA [PA]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
    • Webshots
Pop Up Bedding
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 08:49:05 AM »
We have double beds and just use double sheets.  They are a bit larger but I tuck the excess under the matteress and nobody can tell they are too large.

'66 Michael Cold Beer; '70 Sherry Happy Camper; '89 Aaron Cool; '94 Annelysse Wink; '00 Frank Hot Dog(Camping Dachshund)
'74 PUMA PopUp
http://community.webshots.com/user/lansdalehulls
Michael '66; Sherry '70; Aaron '89; Annelysse '94; Frank the camping dachshund [DOG]; 74 Puma [PU]; Ford Escape [TV]

Offline Storm Trooper

• Global Moderator
  • Eagle Camper
    • CT [CT]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
Pop Up Bedding
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 10:05:50 AM »
Serena,

Here's a website for exact fit sheets, if that's what you want...
https://www.sheetsusa.com/catalog/xq/asp/ScreenOption.NewCatalog/SelectCatalog.1/qx/index.htm

We've ordered from them and use the fitted sheet on our mattress whether or not we use sleeping bags, just to keep the mattress clean..

Lou

37 days booked for 08 so far.
Camping season is just too short.
2007 Fleetwood Highlander Avalon (Great White)
2003 Ford Expedition (Green Monstah)
Lou & Jan and Ewok K9 (Kyleigh Wyote) [put&hy]
2011 Keystone Passport 235EXP AKA "The Imperial Palace"
2010 Ford F150XLT Supercab AKA "Jade's Fire"

Offline sewserious

• Star Camper
    • SC [SC]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
Pop Up Bedding
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 10:20:16 AM »
Save some money and go to Walmart and buy sheets that are close in size, even their cheap sets have a larger thread count than the "camper sheets."  Those are only 150-180 thread count and are cotton/polyester, which will pill (get little balls) over time.

If you can sew any at all, or have a friend who does, it is easy to take in the sheets to fit better.  

I bought the individual sheets (250 thread count for comfort and 100% cotton), full-size fitted and twin-size top.  They fit our 48" bed pretty well.  I took out the elastic, recut the corners, sewed 'em back up, reapplied the elastic, and they fit like a glove now!  I only spent $30 for TWO sheets of sheets and pillow cases, custom-fitted.

Me '60 DH '56 DD#1 '82 DD#2 '90
DGD#1 '01 and DGD#2 '04
'01 Oldsmobile Silhouette
'93 Coleman Roanoke
Me '60, DH '56, 2 DD, 2 DGD
2006 GMC Envoy SLT
1993 Coleman By Fleetwood Roanoke (8')

Offline CmpFmly5

• Camper, 2nd Class
    • MD [MD]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
Pop Up Bedding
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 10:37:37 AM »
Simple enough, use your regular sheets with some sheet stays to taylor the size to fit just so.  That way your sheets will be fitted and not slide around.  You will need four to six stays for the bottom sheet and four to six for your top sheet.

If all else fails, get a new else.
Wife for 7 years, Together for 17 years.
Aiden to be 6.
Cole 3.
Jack 1.
Westie named Pipsqueak Pepperoni.

Offline pianewman

• Star Camper
    • VA [VA]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
Pop Up Bedding
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 03:41:55 PM »
Sheetsusa does indeed make custom-fit sheets for pop-ups.  However, I just spoke with them, and they might very well stop manufacturing them, due to high cost.
SO, if you're interested in custom fit sheets for your pop-up, order them now.  They still have a few sizes in stock.  They're expensive, compared to Target, Walmart, etc, but they're custom sized.

pianewman
2002 Fleetwood Santa Fe
2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L,  Reese 400 WDH, Honda AT and PS coolers, Airlift 1000s with Dual-gauge compressor
Scangauge II
2002 Fleetwood/Coleman Santa Fe CP
2005 Toyota Tundra Limited 4WD, Reese WDH400

Offline Jenischmeni

• Camper, 2nd Class
    • IN [IN]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
Pop Up Bedding
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 11:33:34 AM »
Our PUP has a king and double combination.

I measured the two beds and found that they were only about an inch or so off from being standard sized.  I had a set of king-sized sheets that I had bought on sale a long time ago that do NOT fit my king-sized home bed with pillow top.  They just wouldn't stretch and stay on the home bed.  I found that these work GREAT in the pop up!  (with no added expense for me!  Yay!)

Like an above poster said, I purchased blankets and bedspreads by dimension - not size.  I didn't want to have too much to tuck under.  I think it worked out that a full sized bedspread is on the king sized bed and twin sizes bedspread on the full.  But again, different bedspreads and/or comforters have different dimensions.  Most will say on the package the exact measurement.

Old Time Pottery has some wicked deals on bedding.

Offline Crazycoleman

• Camper, 1st Class
    • TX [TX]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
    • My Webshots
Pop Up Bedding
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 10:10:15 PM »
On a similiarly different note...our coleman i am assuming has double double beds.  We are planning on using a full size air mattress we already had from the tent days on one side...will that fit properly in the bunk?  Anyone else try this?

ROb

Pop goes the Coleman!
Skamper...any one got any info?
1986 Chevy TV

Offline MLH070

• Camper, 1st Class
    • OR [OR]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
Pop Up Bedding
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 12:43:13 AM »
We used a queen size air mattress when we had our 04 starcraft.
The mattresses just wasn't tall enough for my DH to lay on his stomach and not bump his toes on the wood.  (we're talking size 13 shoes)
It worked like a champ.  Don't need it now with the Hybrid, but it sure
made a difference.(DH doesn't snore when he sleeps n his tummy)

MLHShy WBHBarbeque
02 Exp/06 Jayfeather

Offline becasunshine

• Star Camper
    • VA [VA]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
Pop Up Bedding
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 10:28:35 AM »
He doesn't snore when he sleeps on his tummy?  Really????

"Baby, you're gonna do somethin' different tonight!"  Ha!

Him/Her Late Boomer Vintage
Two Wonderful Sons, Grown and Out!
One Non-Camping Cat
2007 Fleetwood Rio "Matilda" PopUp
2004 Toyota 4Runner "Joey 2" Tow Vehicle

Offline MLH070

• Camper, 1st Class
    • OR [OR]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
Pop Up Bedding
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 07:00:13 PM »
He doesn't snore when I sleep on his tummy eitherWink
Blush Oops wrong topic Wink
MLHShy WBHBarbeque
02 Exp/06 Jayfeather

Edited by - MLH070 on September 30 2008  19:02:41

Offline wilkeskg

• Tenderfoot
    • NC [NC]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
Re: Pop Up Bedding
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2013, 03:51:46 PM »

Offline bandc12

• Camper, 1st Class
    • PA [PA]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
Re: Pop Up Bedding
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2013, 04:23:15 PM »
I use the Walmart cheap sheets and have not had any trouble with the fit.  I am not sure if they are for a thicker mattress but once you get them over the corners the elastic pulls enough so they don't give us any issues.  If you are worried.. they also make elastic clip you put on the corners under the mattress to keep the sheet tight.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/4-BED-SHEET-GRIPPERS-Fasteners-Elastic-Clips-For-bed-sofa/416148_688720462.html

Brian and Colleen
1986 Skamper 136C
2011 Ford F150

ORCCGEAR.COM - ORCC Gear Store, Quality Gear for the Outdoor Enthusiast