User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Quick Forum Search

Who's Online

Weekly Photo

Pink Flamingo Hunter
 Views: 329
Posted by gerrybates1
May 12, 2012
in This Week's Photo Winner

Checkout My Rig

2014 06 17 12 11 04B
 Views: 254
Posted by petlarfla
Jun 17, 2014
in Checkout My Rig

Recent Topics

Finally an owner of a pop up! by Stubacca
[Today at 03:02:51 AM]

2014 FALL 'C U @ THE SEWER' RALLY by mnebinger
[Today at 02:57:46 AM]

Our first outing,it was a doozy :D by Snow
[Today at 02:44:32 AM]

Best Tires by turborich
[Today at 02:43:18 AM]

A guy at an RV dealership just told me WDH's cannot be used with popups by turborich
[Today at 02:37:33 AM]

Mt. St. Helens and the Toutle River Valley by 94-D2
[Today at 02:20:00 AM]

Axle assembly missing washer? by Tattoosleeve
[Today at 02:19:45 AM]

Checking wheel allignment by Unstable_Tripod
[Today at 01:47:18 AM]

Heres one to restore!! NOT!! by mickkjhc
[Today at 01:38:42 AM]

1995 Coleman Utah by Unstable_Tripod
[Today at 01:37:29 AM]

ELECTRIC AND PROPANE by Unstable_Tripod
[Today at 01:24:50 AM]

Camper Faucet BEER Tap by Fivehole
[Today at 01:19:11 AM]

PopUp Times
See fewer ads! Become a free PopUpPortal member. Click here to Register

Author Topic: Camper sheets  (Read 7916 times)

Offline vnconn

• Star Camper
    • IL [IL]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
Camper sheets
« on: April 30, 2009, 09:08:03 PM »
Have you guys seen those sheets sets for RVs that have the fitted sheet connected to the top sheet? I'm trying to figure out where to buy a set for my queen size RV mattress, that doesn't cost a fortune! Camping world has something close but they are pretty pricey.

I'm this close to throwing a giant sleeping bag on top of the mattress because I am so tired of trying put regular sheets on that bed! I know I am not the only one in this predicament. Don't really want to do that though because I don't want to see the ugly mattress all the time.

Ideas? Help!

Thanks guys!

Valerie & Eliot
"A rainy day camping is better than a good day at work!"

Offline apachejeep

• Life Camper
    • CA [CA]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
Camper sheets
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 09:56:33 PM »
We just always leave a white sheet atop the bed ends. Then take some extra bedding or sleeping bags depending on the outside temperature,to overlay. Works for us.

PUP***1973 Apache Mesa
TV***1997 Wrangler Sahara
"When all else fails use a bigger hammer"
[PU] ***1973 Apache Mesa
[TV] ***1997 Wrangler Sahara
"When all else fails use a bigger hammer"

Offline scoutermom

• Camper, 1st Class
    • IL [IL]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
Camper sheets
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 10:07:40 PM »
It isn't hard to do a straight seam on a sewing machine - that's all you'd need to do....

if you want 'fitted' sheets - go to walMart and buy 2 flat sheets and sew around 3 sides to make a big 'pillowcase' to slide the mattress into. if you want the top sheet attached at the bottom sheet, simply sew it on across the bottom. Total cost will be WAY less than those 'camper' sheets, and you'll probably have nicer sheets, too.

I have a 'pocket sheet' set like this that was made for my camper beds - it came with the camper when I bought it, obviously something the previous owner bought from a camper supply place. They do stay on much better than elastic edged fitted sheets - but I don't use them as 'sheets' - they ARE the covers for my matresses instead of the 70's herculon stuff that was originally on them. These pre-made camper sheets are much rougher fabric than my home bedsheets, and are not as soft to sleep on. But they do make great 'covers' for my mattresses, as they are much more washable than the old upholstery covers.

Instead, we use single or double sleeping bags on the beds. With the sleeping bags, whether tent camping or PUP camping, I have always used sheet liners for them. If you take a two twin sized flat sheets, and sew them together in a long pocket, starting halfway down the long side, across the bottom and halfway up the other long side, you get a liner for two sleeping bags zipped together, perfect for a camper double bed(48"-54" wide. I would imagine that two 'double bed' flat sheets would be a good fit for a queen size mattress with an extra large sleeping bag.

I have found single flat sheets, in whites, colors or prints at WalMart, Sears, etc, on sale, for less than $5.00 each. I have used them in the past to make curtains, sleeping bag liners and all kinds of stuff. you can't buy plain fabric that cheap anywhere else!

I prefer to buy sheets in individuals rather than 'sets' (one fitted, one l flat and pillowcases) because we often use an extra flat sheet on our beds at home on top in summer, or I use all flat sheets on my son's waterbed instead of 'waterbed' sheets. The last set I got at Sears, just a month ago - were 300 thread count cotton!

those will feel really nice on a hot summer night!

1973 Starcraft starmaster 6 - a work in progress - http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/558473066XXMupb

Offline spotfan

• Camper, 1st Class
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
    • Our Camper & Experiences
Camper sheets
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 08:30:08 AM »
I have a set of microfleece sheets on mine. We put them over the featherbed. Sometimes we don't need any extra covers since these sheets are so soft and warm.

dh-Billy '67
dw-Tina '66
kids are grown so we are empty nesters and proud grandparents!!!
Home away from home: 1993 Coleman Grandview
DH-'67-Billy, Me-'66-Tina
Home away from home- '96 Starcraft Venture 2408
Tv is a 2008 Dodge Ram Hemi Quad Cab

Offline theseus

• Eagle Camper
    • OH [OH]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
Camper sheets
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 09:34:21 AM »
quote:
I'm this close to throwing a giant sleeping bag on top of the mattress because I am so tired of trying put regular sheets on that bed!

My wife and I use two extra large sleeping bags zipped together to make one really large bag. It works great and really cuts down on set up time as you don't have to make the bed, just throw the sleeping bag on the bed.

Bruce        ______________
2004 Expedition & 2000 Palomino Mustang SL-SG-FT
http://www.thecampingchild.com

Edited by - theseus on May 01 2009  09:36:55
Bruce        ______________
2004 Expedition & 2000 Palomino Mustang SL-SG-FT

Offline reidsd

• Star Camper
    • BC [BC]
    • CA [CAN]
    • View Profile
    • Dr. Scott D. Reid
Camper sheets
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 09:55:03 AM »
I think you should look at waterbed sheets. I say this because back in my university days, I had a futon. One Christmas, my mother gave me some sheets for the futon that had a bottom fitted sheet and a top sheet that were attached at the foot end. Strange thing to me at the time. I was told that they were specifically designed for waterbeds. Don't know if you will find the size you want or how common they are today, but if you want the attached sheet style, ask for waterbed sheets.

Good luck.

Scott '60, DW '72, DD '00, DS '02, DD '04, DS '07
'07 Jayco 1207, '04 Pontiac Montana AWD
Camping '09: 3 nights reserved (so far)
Scott ('60), DW ('72), DD ('00), DS ('02), DD ('04), DS ('07)
Pontiac Montana AWD 2002
2007 Jayco 1207

Offline spotfan

• Camper, 1st Class
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
    • Our Camper & Experiences
Camper sheets
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 11:06:20 AM »
I have a waterbed at home, they aren't cheap and not too easy to find. The set on my bed now I had to get online for about $50. It would be easier to sew the fitted and flat sheets together across the bottom than to buy waterbed sheets.

dh-Billy '67
dw-Tina '66
kids are grown so we are empty nesters and proud grandparents!!!
Home away from home: 1993 Coleman Grandview
DH-'67-Billy, Me-'66-Tina
Home away from home- '96 Starcraft Venture 2408
Tv is a 2008 Dodge Ram Hemi Quad Cab

Offline Rustyk

• Star Camper
    • PA [PA]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
Camper sheets
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 11:40:36 AM »
Target has GREAT sheet sets at a very reasonable
 price. They are made out of "t shirt cotton" and fit very well. whole set (2 cases top and bottom fitted for only $19.99 or so.

Rusty, Paula & Nuts aka Zak
01 Exploder
94 Starcraft
Rusty, Saint Paula & Nuts

Offline vnconn

• Star Camper
    • IL [IL]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
Camper sheets
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 09:21:06 PM »
Thank you all for such wonderful ideas! I decided to give the t-shirt cotton sheets a try, the elastic goes all the way around and actually fits really well! I think after I wash them for the first time I'll try sewing the top sheet to the fitted one to make it even easier to make the bed. I have done a little sewing before so it should be easy. These sheets are so soft I might try them for my bed at home.

Thanks again!

Valerie & Eliot
"A rainy day camping is better than a good day at work!"

Offline gkosel

• Star Camper
    • ND [ND]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
    • Gregg's Camping Page
Camper sheets
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 09:38:31 PM »
Here's another vote for the Jersey Sheets.

I love them.

Gregg - '71 Barbeque Mitchell - '95 Happy Camper Alex - '99 Happy Camper 1998 Chevy Tahoe Tow Vehicle 2008 Jayco 1207 PopUp
A bad day camping is better than a good day at work.
Gregg '71 [8D] Mitchell '95 [:)C] Alex '99 [:)C]
2008 Jayco 1207 [PU][TV] 2011 Chevy Avalanche
A bad day camping is better than a good day at work!

Offline wishicouldgo2

• Star Camper
    • OH [OH]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
Camper sheets
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 10:28:51 PM »
The sheets that are sewn together are truck sheets. We use them on our bunks in the "condo" of the semi. Volvo are 48x80 and freightliners are a little narrower. They are 29.99 a set which includes 1 pillowcase. Many colors.

PopUp ClosedTow Vehicle06 Dodge Ram Big Horn 83 Starcraft Venture BarbequeAJ SmoresJen Cowboy CamperDD YuckDS Dogx2
[TV] 06 Dodge Ram Big Horn [PUC] 83 Starcraft Venture 
A rope tied to a limb...ur a big ol' wuss if ya don't jump in....the water

Offline LifesAGrill

• Camper, 1st Class
    • MS [MS]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
Re: Camper sheets
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 10:54:47 AM »
I showed DW the thread by Scoutermom and she made us a set for our bed.  They worked great.  Thanks Scouter--Good idea.  She did do one thing different.  she sewed the top sheet to the bottom of the open end so instead of a pillow case for the mattress, she made more of an envelope and the sheets stayed on beautifully this weekend camping. 

Thanks again for the idea!!
Mississippi
 [PU] 2001 Coleman Westlake
Camped 20 Nights in 2009

PopupGizmos Solar Bunkend Covers