User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Quick Forum Search

Who's Online

Weekly Photo

Pink Flamingo Hunter
 Views: 389
Posted by gerrybates1
May 12, 2012
in This Week's Photo Winner

Checkout My Rig

GNAT trailer at Dreher Island SP, SC
This is our trailer, a 5X8 cargo trailer we spent 8 months converting.  Hot/cold water, multimedia center, dining room converts to queen size bed.  A/C, full shower.
 Views: 79
Posted by rayisouttahere
Jul 28, 2014
in Checkout My Rig

Recent Topics

PopupGizmos Solar Bunk Liner kit (PSBL)
See fewer ads! Become a free PopUpPortal member. Click here to Register

Author Topic: Jayco Lift system parts  (Read 3840 times)

Offline shawdaddy1972

• Tenderfoot
    • View Profile
Jayco Lift system parts
« on: May 22, 2009, 11:47:07 AM »
Hi All,

Where might I be able to find parts for my 1992 Jayco Cardinal SD. I think it is a 1406.  I had a cable break on my lift system due to one of the little plastic pulley's wore out.  Now only 3 corners will lift and I'm not sure how to get to the cable to replace it.  Any help is greatly appericated.

Chad

Offline mruss1993

• Camper, 1st Class
    • TN [TN]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
Re: Jayco Lift system parts
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 12:42:27 PM »
okay there is an access to the winch and door side cable under the dinnette seat, then that little step in between the seats needs to come out. then other dinnette seat has an access panel to the non door side front corner, then it gets tricky you can fish the cable behind the fridge (there is or should be a tube for this) and then behind all the other cabinets to the non doorside rear corner ( this is the hardest one to get to) then you have to remove the rear step piece and if equipped with another seat in the rear there is an access panel there too.
Mine had the door side rear break and was not too bad of a repair to do just time consuming.
here is a link to a repair on this http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?topic=4622.0

i got the cable and ferrules at lowes and have order stuff from a place in indiana but dont know the nam right off the top of my head. I found it through google. if you have noluck then i will post it when i get to the house+
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 12:53:56 PM by mruss1993 »
'93 Jayco Cardinal SD
me '74 dw'73 ds '92 '93 '94 '99x2 dd '98 '05
Nights camped '09=11 nights res.=5

Offline mruss1993

• Camper, 1st Class
    • TN [TN]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 12:45:35 PM »
oh yeah don't forget to support the top and remove tension on the winch befor you accesss the cables.......SAFETY FIRST
'93 Jayco Cardinal SD

Offline jim1999

• Eagle Camper
    • IL [IL]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 12:52:47 PM »
A jayco dealer/service center should have a replacement for that pulley. Odds are though that any RV dealer who service popups probably has them in stock. Good chance too you could find a nylon pulley at a well stocked hardware store, and the cable is just standard wire rope found at about any hardware or home improvement center. Just need to know the size, and how much you need.
1982 Wilderness by Fleetwood Travel Trailer.
1998 Chevrolet 1500 Silverado Extended Cab
Former owner of a 1994 Jayco 1006 pup

Offline shawdaddy1972

• Tenderfoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 05:08:16 PM »
Thanks for the help.  The non-door side rear cable is the one that broke.  The pulley that was bad(broke) was the double one. I assume you need a double one to keep the two rear cables from getting tangled? [?:~{]

Offline Grizzlytaco

• Star Camper
    • NV [NV]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
    • Photo's
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 10:22:17 PM »
Here's a place that sells Jayco parts, you should be able to find what you need here.
http://parts.cunninghamcampers.com/
Las Vegas, NV.     * Ed C. *
DH(47) DW(47)  DD(9) DD(8) 
Jayco 2006 Jay Series 1207

Offline shawdaddy1972

• Tenderfoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 05:55:06 PM »
Has anyone got a diagram to route the rear cables back to the front?  I got new pulleys and cables, but I dont remember any cables running behind my fridge.  I look in the access panel to the fridge on the outside of the camper and the fish tape I am using to route the cables is wanting to go behind the fridge and up and over the wheel well.  I would figure the cables have to pull in as straight as possible.  Thanks again for all the help

Offline mruss1993

• Camper, 1st Class
    • TN [TN]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 09:59:18 PM »
pm me your email and i will send you the diagrams, behing my fridge there was a tube for the cables to go through
'93 Jayco Cardinal SD

BedWedgiesâ„¢ Brand new and made from high-quality cast aluminum, these are the solution to your broken plastic bed rail slider ends.