User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Quick Forum Search

Upcoming Rallies

Weekly Photo

Anza Borrego Indian Head Mtn: Sunset
 Views: 1080
Posted by ChocoChock01
Mar 12, 2013
in This Week's Photo Winner

Checkout My Rig

Calman Trike and Pop-up
 Views: 208
Posted by Calman
Dec 02, 2014
in Checkout My Rig

Recent Topics

PopupGizmos Solar Bunkend Covers
See fewer ads! Become a free PopUpPortal member. Click here to Register

Author Topic: Looking at 2002 Coleman Yuma or Sea Pine  (Read 6429 times)

Offline JulieinOhio

• Camper, 2nd Class
    • OH [OH]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
Looking at 2002 Coleman Yuma or Sea Pine
« on: July 16, 2009, 12:38:39 PM »
I am going tonight to look at an '02 Coleman camper.  On Craig's list it is listed as a Yuma.  However, when I went in to look at the NADA guide for pricing there is no such thing as an '02 Yuma.  Yuman doesn't show up as a model until 2003.  Also, from the pic, it has the dinette without a pass through on the end so think it looks like a Sea Pine to me.  Either way, is 2002 one of the model years where the roofs are likely to have a problem?  And when you buy a camper from an individual, do you pay the NADA price, or is that more if you are buying off a dealer?  Thanks!
Julie '63, Rob'65, DS '95, DD '98 and 2 furry pups

Offline Oski88

• Camper, 1st Class
    • OR [OR]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
Re: Looking at 2002 Coleman Yuma or Sea Pine
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 01:52:32 PM »
Go to www.colemantrailers.com.  Click on the "download brochures" link.  Find the brochure for 2002 trailers.  This will allow you to answer all questions about makes/models/floor plans (pg 8 shows the floorplans, pg 12 shows the specs for each model).

I am a new pup owner.  But in my limited experience of looking and buying I feel strongly that NADA is purely a guide.  Pup prices seem to vary greatly depending on season and geographic region.   I don't recall that NADA takes that into consideration.  For example, the pup you are going to look at (i.e., all trailers) cost more today than it will in October or November, and not because it will be 4 months older come fall. 

The better measure is prices for comparable units and how quickly they sell.  As an example, I just paid $4,500 for an '03 Sante Fe.  At this time of year, for my area and considering the condition and add-ons, as well as other units being offered on Craigslist before and after my purchase, I am pretty confident that was a very good price.  Still, I have a sneaking suspicion I am going to see comparable items in the fall/winter for less and kick myself for buying during peak season (of course, buying now allows you to use it now).

Hope this helps.  Be sure to post pictures if/when you make the purchase. 
Oski88, DW, DS (6), DD (4), DH (10)
2003 Coleman Sante Fe
2011 Honda Pilot EXL

Offline Luv2ridebikes

• Eagle Camper
    • IN [IN]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 02:39:26 PM »
Just like cars, the new models are often out before their year - if you know what I mean.  They could have purchased a 2003 Yuma in 2002.   Fleetwood dropped the ABS roofs mid year 2003.  If the Yuma was purchased in 2002, I would guess that was before the conversion.
Steve and Deb
Gus - our four legged offspring
2005 Sequoia towed by an 04 Ext Trailblazer and lots of bikes

Offline JulieinOhio

• Camper, 2nd Class
    • OH [OH]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 04:14:01 PM »
Thanks.  This has been helpful.  Any idea on how I can identify if it is an ABS roof?

Offline RFryer

• Star Camper
    • MA [MA]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 04:52:43 PM »
The ABS roofs I've seen are one piece with no seams or metal trim pieces along the edges and middle of the roof.  They are also rounded on the edges vs. the traditional 90 degree edges on typical roofs.

Ray
Ray '75, Julie '74, Connor '07, Haley '10 & 2 Springers
[TV] 2009 Honda Pilot [PU] 2007 Utah
The toys go where we go

Offline JulieinOhio

• Camper, 2nd Class
    • OH [OH]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 08:37:53 PM »
I went and looked at the camper today.  Not sure if it was an ABS roof or not.  There were some corner pieces so maybe not.  But I could see where it had been calked.  One awning pole was missing, one was bent, some of the trim was pulling off, cabinet doors a little warped and the fridge stunk to high heaven.  So think I am going to pass on this one.  But thanks everyone for the help!

Offline Oski88

• Camper, 1st Class
    • OR [OR]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 09:09:46 PM »
Check out the thread I started (since moved to Roofs, I think) that invites people to post pictures of ABS and non ABS roofs.  I think we've already got the basics covered, so you probably should be able to know what you are looking at in the future. 
Oski88, DW, DS (6), DD (4), DH (10)
2003 Coleman Sante Fe
2011 Honda Pilot EXL

Offline friar tuck

• Eagle Camper
    • MI [MI]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
    • photobucket
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 06:27:55 AM »
So think I am going to pass on this one.  But thanks everyone for the help!
So a day late for my response  [SNZ]
 I own a 2002 Yuma and yes it does not show up in the brochures.  Mine has a metal roof, not ABS.  My Yuma is also an 8.5 ft box with two double bunks, the Sea Pine is a 10 ft box and at least one bigger bunk, something to keep in mind as the extra 1.5 ft makes a world of difference in interior space, plus you get a real couch in the Sea Pine.  And a real (electric) pump.  And a water heater.  The 02 Yuma is a pretty basic unit.  At least mine is.  :)
'08 F150, '08 Fleetwood Bayside
Lots of bicycles and a kayak (WS Tarpon 160i )

Offline JulieinOhio

• Camper, 2nd Class
    • OH [OH]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 11:28:38 AM »
Thanks for the confirmation.  Read the other post.  No, it was not an ABS roof.  I agree with friartuck, a little bigger box makes a big difference.  That '02 Yuma is a little too small for us.  My kids are older, 11 and 14, so need about as much space as an adult, plust two dogs, small dogs, but still.  I am going to look for 10 ft box camper.  I really like the 12 foot box campers but too heavy for my tv.  So back to looking for me!

BedWedgies Brand new and made from high-quality cast aluminum, these are the solution to your broken plastic bed rail slider ends.