User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Quick Forum Search

Who's Online

Upcoming Rallies

Weekly Photo

Anza Borrego Indian Head Mtn: Sunset
 Views: 719
Posted by ChocoChock01
Mar 12, 2013
in This Week's Photo Winner

Checkout My Rig

I got it!
 Views: 177
Posted by rfd21170
Oct 21, 2014
in Checkout My Rig

Recent Topics

Coleman Colorado Cover by syncro87
[Today at 04:33:33 PM]

2014 Midwest Halloween Rally by DigitalGuru
[Today at 04:04:04 PM]

First time with our new E3! by adrianpglover
[Today at 03:59:55 PM]

Short on the break lights on coleman Cheyenne by capy235co
[Today at 03:57:41 PM]

Camper LED Conversion how to by JimmyM
[Today at 03:37:30 PM]

The Music Game by RMAN4443
[Today at 03:33:20 PM]

Starcraft Repair by jcates
[Today at 03:16:06 PM]

Good news, everyone! by sallugo
[Today at 03:09:44 PM]

2015 - Texas Sweetheart Rally - Potluck by lonestarcamper
[Today at 02:54:53 PM]

Attack of the ladybugs!! by jeff b
[Today at 02:51:31 PM]

Whats in MY toolbox by davido
[Today at 02:06:49 PM]

Save your Ash by Wrenchgear
[Today at 01:59:19 PM]

See fewer ads! Become a free PopUpPortal member. Click here to Register

Author Topic: Water Heater on Fleetwood Niagara  (Read 2494 times)

Offline carolinagirl

• Tenderfoot
    • SC [SC]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
Water Heater on Fleetwood Niagara
« on: August 31, 2010, 02:09:42 PM »
Okay, I feel pretty ridiculous, but I wondered if anyone out there could give me a quick rundown on how our water heater works.  I know they flew through it during out walk-through, but there was so much info that I can't remember.  It's used, so we don't have an owners manual, but I found one online and it's terribly vague and unhelpful.

So here's where I'm confused:
1.  Hot water tank:  There's a hot water tank, and everything says to make sure the hot water tank is full before turning on the water heater.  But how do I fill it?  Does it just automatically fill when we have a water hookup?  Or do I need to do something?  What if we're running off of our freshwater tank? 

2.  Gas or electric?  There are two switches for the hot water heater.  One is on the outside.  There's an on/off switch, a pilot light (I think), and knob to turn (to see if there's water in the tank, maybe?).  Is this only used if you're running it off of propane?  There's also an on/off switch on the inside.  Is that for electric? 

Somehow we managed to have hot water during our maiden voyage, and it appears we didn't destroy anything in the process.  But I'd feel a lot better if I knew what all the switches and knobs were for.  Thanks!
'07 Fleetwood Niagara
'06 Jeep Commander

Offline ambulancetech

• Camper, 1st Class
    • NY [NY]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
Re: Water Heater on Fleetwood Niagara
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 02:44:27 PM »
Look for the name and model number on the water heater. Search for that online. You should be able to find the manual for it.
Mike, DW, DD, DS, DD
2001 Ford Expedition
2005 Fleetwood Tucson

Offline GtStricky

• Camper, 1st Class
    • PA [PA]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 03:31:33 PM »
When hooked up to water (or using the tank and pump) just open your hot water in the sink. Once water runs out your tank should be filled. That said there might be a hot water heater bypass used when you winterize the system but lets assume that is where it needs to be for now.

I believe your inside switch is for running off of propane and the outside switch is for electric (as a backup). I think this is your manual: http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/operating/swinstall.pdf
'08 Fleetwood Arcadia
'11 Chevy Silverado 1500
DW, DS 7, DS 5, DD 4

Offline carolinagirl

• Tenderfoot
    • SC [SC]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 08:16:13 PM »
When hooked up to water (or using the tank and pump) just open your hot water in the sink. Once water runs out your tank should be filled. That said there might be a hot water heater bypass used when you winterize the system but lets assume that is where it needs to be for now.

I believe your inside switch is for running off of propane and the outside switch is for electric (as a backup). I think this is your manual: http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/operating/swinstall.pdf

Thank you so much.  That totally makes sense to just open up the hot water in the sink.  I checked and don't see a bypass.  I'll look over that manual, too. 

'07 Fleetwood Niagara
'06 Jeep Commander