User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Quick Forum Search

Who's Online

Upcoming Rallies

Weekly Photo

Zoom Details 1
Lava Lake
 Views: 283
 Comments: 1
 Rating: 4.97
Posted by Twisty
Aug 16, 2012
in This Week's Photo Winner

Checkout My Rig

Views: 10
Posted by Richo73
Today
in Checkout My Rig

Recent Topics

Road Shower - The Rack Mounted Solar Shower
See fewer ads! Become a free PopUpPortal member. Click here to Register

Author Topic: 2005 Fleetwood Evolution 1  (Read 2696 times)

Offline Miles2go

• Camper, 2nd Class
    • CO [CO]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
2005 Fleetwood Evolution 1
« on: September 11, 2011, 06:30:15 PM »
Hello from a soon to be new to the Pop-Up club member.  We're taking delivery of an 05 Fleetwood Evolution 1 on Thursday.  Actually, it's a few states away and family will be picking it up. 

I have friends with 06 and 07 E1s and I've noticed some visible differences between the years and would like to know what changed for the E1 after 2005. 

Here's a photo that shows an 05's right side:

On the later E1s there is an exhaust panel or something like that aft of the wheel on this side.  What would that be?   Also both the 06 and 07 that I've seen in person has a stereo which I guess was an add beyond 05. 

I've measured an 07 to see how it will fit in our garage.  Does anyone know if the dimensions of the 05s are any different from 07? 

Anyone know what my hitch height should be for the 05 E1?

Thanks!
Ron - White River NF
Toyota 4Runner V6
05 Fleetwood Mojave E1

Offline Mosbyranger

• Copper
  • Eagle Camper
    • CO [CO]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
Re: 2005 Fleetwood Evolution 1
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 06:37:21 PM »
On my Evolution, the panel behind the wheel was where the water heater was lit from. I did not have a stereo, and didn't miss it either. I cannot remember what the hitch height was. Good Luck with your Nu2u camper!
MR
Mosbyranger, Mrs Mosbyranger- Camping Goddess
Onward.......thru the fog

Offline Miles2go

• Camper, 2nd Class
    • CO [CO]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 07:01:09 PM »
Thanks.  Hopefully an 05 E1 owner will chime but if not I'll find out on my own.

My first fun with it will be pulling it back home 650 miles to the high Rockies.  I hope to pull up, hitch and go.  On Wednesday I'll be installing a Prodigy in my old V6 4Runner.  My second challenge will be backing it into a single garage stall 7'10" wide without a lot of clearance forward of the garage door.  Eventually I'll actually take it camping!
Ron - White River NF
Toyota 4Runner V6
05 Fleetwood Mojave E1

Offline Trackside

• Camper, 2nd Class
    • WA [WA]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 07:42:31 PM »
I have an '08 E1 and as said the panel you speak of is the water heater.  I like the outside speakers since the stereo has an auxiliary ear phone jack so you can plug your ipod or laptop into it to play all your music (at a respectable volume of course).

From what I understand the tired went through a recall in '06 because they have been know for blowing on the highway so you might want to double check those.

Congrats on your purchase, I picked up mine in June and have absolutely loved it!!  Especially the extra ground clearance.
2008 Coleman E1 Off-Road

Online teejaywhy

• Eagle Camper
    • AZ [AZ]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 12:24:10 PM »

From what I understand the tired went through a recall in '06 because they have been know for blowing on the highway so you might want to double check those.

Assuming they are the original tires (6 years old), you probably want to replace them anyway.

I replaced mine this summer (2005 Jayco Baja 10Z).  I think they have the same size - LT235/75R15.

While the mud tread is totally unnecessary, I do think it is an important part of "the look."   [8D]   Unfortunately, in that size the selection is limited for a mud tread.  The OEM Dunlop Mud Rovers were no longer available in that size so I ended up with the Hankook Dynapro MT.

Enjoy! Have a safe trip.

[PU] [PUT]
2005 Jayco Baja 10Z
"The Yost Outpost"

Offline Mosbyranger

• Copper
  • Eagle Camper
    • CO [CO]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 12:40:32 PM »
Good luck hauling that Evo with a V-6.  It stressed my Dodge 1500 pickemup V-8 going up some of our passes (think Monarch, Red Mountain) and I could definitely feel the extra push when braking. Drive carefully!
MR

Offline Miles2go

• Camper, 2nd Class
    • CO [CO]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 02:14:32 PM »

Got it!  Just in from a marathon solo drive out and back to Minnesota for the extraction.  I left Friday evening and got home at 1015 Sunday morning. 2,000 miles.  I hardly ever felt the E1 back there and that was a surprise, but was indeed the case.  My 4Runner is rated at 7,600 lbs towing capacity, if I remember right but the V6 is certainly a bit underpowered for high altitude, sustained steep grades towing the E1.  I would have liked to have been going 60-65 mph up the passes and probably could have but it wouldn't have sounded good.  55 was fine in 2nd gear at 3,900 rpm. 

We'll see how it feels loaded up for a camping trip.  Let the fun begin!

Good luck hauling that Evo with a V-6.  It stressed my Dodge 1500 pickemup V-8 going up some of our passes (think Monarch, Red Mountain) and I could definitely feel the extra push when braking. Drive carefully!
MR
Ron - White River NF
Toyota 4Runner V6
05 Fleetwood Mojave E1

Offline Mosbyranger

• Copper
  • Eagle Camper
    • CO [CO]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 08:07:57 PM »
Congrats on your NU2U pup.  You are set for some serious adventuring!
MR

PopupGizmos Solar Bunkend Covers