User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Who's Online

Weekly Photo

Pink Flamingo Hunter
 Views: 360
Posted by gerrybates1
May 12, 2012
in This Week's Photo Winner

Checkout My Rig

2014 06 17 12 11 04B
 Views: 359
Posted by petlarfla
Jun 17, 2014
in Checkout My Rig

Recent Topics

See fewer ads! Become a free PopUpPortal member. Click here to Register

Author Topic: WOLDS MOST EXPENSIVE RV 3 MILLION PLUS  (Read 1441 times)

Offline vik-king

• Camper, 2nd Class
    • NY [NY]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
WOLDS MOST EXPENSIVE RV 3 MILLION PLUS
« on: May 07, 2012, 08:26:06 AM »
Just saw this clip of the world most expensive RV take a peek its very cool looking can go up to 93 MPH and can increase its size by 80% with a slide out, What sold me was the really cool windshield withthe prop style wiperblade system I want that for my TV (VW routon)
http://www.aol.com/video/worlds-most-expensive-recreational-vehicle/517355007/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl3%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D157445

Offline suprz

• Eagle Camper
    • RI [RI]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
Re: WOLDS MOST EXPENSIVE RV 3 MILLION PLUS
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 08:35:42 AM »
Damn ugly and very spartan inside......yeeech
proud father of a U.S. Marine
2004 Jeep Grand Chreokee Special Edition 4.0 4X4
2002 Flagstaff 228

Offline Dubbya

• Eagle Camper
    • MB [MB]
    • CA [CAN]
    • View Profile
    • Dubbya's Popup Camper Mods Page
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 03:18:05 PM »
This might sound petty, but I think that if you've got 3 million to toss at a toy like that, clearly you're a self-indulgent, impulsive individual, you've got too much money and too little self-esteem.

Quite honestly, that "RV" is so totally decadent that it's virtually useless for anything other than enabling its' owner to brag about how much money they wasted on it. That thing probably depreciates more in the first year than the average Joe earns in a lifetime.

Hey, I like nice things as much as the next guy but like most of the folks here, usually opt for the basics with a few extras if they're warranted. Nope, $3 million could make such a positive impact on so many lives that it should be a crime to waste that much money on a toy.

I guess that if a person wanted to save a few bucks and was able to bear the shame of buying a used RV, they could probably find one of these parked beside an 82' yacht at a bankruptcy auction somewhere.

That's where I'd look!  [LOL]
The trouble with people is not that they don't know but that they know so much that ain't so.  ~Josh Billings

Offline bccamper

• Star Camper
    • MI [MI]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 07:05:51 PM »
Not for me, I'd much rather have a souped up, top of the line truck and pup than that!
2011 Jayco 1207
2005 GMC Envoy

Offline zuley

• Camper, 1st Class
    • ON [ON]
    • CA [CAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 07:50:08 PM »
Sorry but that thing is "butt ugly"!!  Couldn't imagine anyone wanting one.

Offline Mosbyranger

• Copper
  • Eagle Camper
    • CO [CO]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 07:53:48 PM »
Gosh, I just ordered two.  What a buncha haters out there.  It was the glow in the dark paint that sold me.
MR
Mosbyranger, Mrs Mosbyranger- Camping Goddess
Onward.......thru the fog

Offline CommaHolly

• Star Camper
    • FL [FL]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 06:46:26 PM »
I am in the "butt ugly" crowd (hm, that didn't sound right  [:D] )

and way too expensive,,,,,
2003 Dutchmen Sport Lite 19T Hybrid
2002 Ford Expedition XLT

Offline turborich

• Eagle Camper
    • NV [NV]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 12:49:39 AM »
Ugliest thing that I've ever seen.  [:(O]
2000 Jayco Eagle 12 UDST
2000 Ford Expedition XLT
~MOLON LABE~

Offline Tnerb

• Star Camper
    • NM [NM]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 01:06:14 AM »
Ugliest thing that I've ever seen.  [:(O]

I agree.....
Brent & Thess  2012 Flagstaff 228D  2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Offline mred

• Camper, 1st Class
    • PA [PA]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 08:06:37 AM »
Where's the canvas....
2001 f350 diesel, 1991 Jayco 1206 deluxe

no mater where you go... there you are

Offline cwolfman13

• Eagle Camper
    • NM [NM]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 06:34:24 PM »
Definitely "unique".  In RE to the price tag....yeah, seems monstorous to the average jo (me and you), but for the folks that could actually afford such a thing, it's a drop in the bucket.  I bet Warren Buffett pulls that kind of $$$ down in a couple hours.  A lot of these folks, including athletes and other celebrities have yachts with price tags that dwarf $3M.....never mind their homes; yes, homes plural.
The Wolf Pack
2006 Viking 2480ST
"A wizard is never late...nor is he early.  He arrives precisely when he means to" ~Gandalph

Offline dion

• Star Camper
    • CA [CA]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 07:55:55 PM »
I understand the point of most RVs, even ones I wouldn't want personally, but I don't really "get" this one.

The 3 million dollar RV doesn't look like a comfortable place to pop a cold one open after a long dirty day of hiking.  It's too elegant for use as a home base in a National Park or other scenic wilderness area.  It's too big for use in an urban area, or for many campgrounds for that matter.  It's so weird looking that it would attract annoying curiosity seekers in any campground.

I'm trying to think of where this contraption would have any advantage whatsoever over a much cheaper Prevost bus conversion (which isn't my style either).  The only thing I can imagine is that it might be used as a status symbol at some Los Angeles nightclub or concert auditorium, sort of a fancy version of a rock and roll band's tour bus.  Not for me.
2010 Quicksilver 10.0
2007 Honda Odyssey
Mom, Dad, and kids age 8 and 4

Offline zuley

• Camper, 1st Class
    • ON [ON]
    • CA [CAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 08:10:12 PM »
I agree with you 100 percent wolfman.  However, I doubt very much if Michael Jordon's mega yacht is "butt ugly".

Offline cwolfman13

• Eagle Camper
    • NM [NM]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2012, 11:18:29 AM »
I understand the point of most RVs, even ones I wouldn't want personally, but I don't really "get" this one.

The 3 million dollar RV doesn't look like a comfortable place to pop a cold one open after a long dirty day of hiking.  It's too elegant for use as a home base in a National Park or other scenic wilderness area.  It's too big for use in an urban area, or for many campgrounds for that matter.  It's so weird looking that it would attract annoying curiosity seekers in any campground.

I'm trying to think of where this contraption would have any advantage whatsoever over a much cheaper Prevost bus conversion (which isn't my style either).  The only thing I can imagine is that it might be used as a status symbol at some Los Angeles nightclub or concert auditorium, sort of a fancy version of a rock and roll band's tour bus.  Not for me.

I definitely think it's a status symbol more than anything.  I highly doubt a multi millionaire's/billionaire's idea of camping comes remotely close to what we think of.  Who knows when any of these individuals were last on a hike or even saw a speck of dirt.  When you have millions and billions, you're not really necessarily interested in, "such and such would serve the same purposes and be much cheaper."  It's all about status and being one of the elite. 

Most likely such a contraption would simply be used to "impress" their other wealthy "friends", I doubt any true camping would be happening.....personally, I'm imagining it's use would be something like...."yeah, come on over to the mansion....no no, not that mansion; the other one on top of the hill.....yeah, come on over....since their will be a few of us, we'll take the EleMMent instead of the limo (with driver and serving staff) down to the private marina and then we'll take the yacht out for the day.  We can have cocktails on the way and I'll have Jeeves prepare us some hamburgers....it'll be just like camping!  We can party our rich asses off all day on the yacht and even crash if we want....or I can have the captain drop us off at the marina and my driver can take us back to the mansion in the EleMMent....maybe we'll go the mansion in the valley for evening cocktails or something.  Oh, what a great camping trip!" 

Rap mogul, Birdman, is on the waiting list.

The Wolf Pack
2006 Viking 2480ST
"A wizard is never late...nor is he early.  He arrives precisely when he means to" ~Gandalph

Offline Dubbya

• Eagle Camper
    • MB [MB]
    • CA [CAN]
    • View Profile
    • Dubbya's Popup Camper Mods Page
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2012, 12:04:38 PM »
I'd rather spend a few bucks on an old jalopy, fix it up and have a ball camping the heck out of it than shoot the wad on something that fancy and camp in luxury once or twice a year (if that) only to have it sit in an outdoor storage yard until it falls apart.

We've all seen those storage yards along the highway... Filled to the brim with high-dollar rigs, interspersed with one or two sad little pups. All of them sitting there... flat tires, hitch jacks sunken into the ground, filthy, rotting and neglected, blue poly tarps ripped and flapping in the wind... It breaks my heart! [:(]

Hmmm... It's got me thinking there might be a buck to be made here... a business like "dog-walking" but for pups!  [LOL]

Yeah, I'd just need to convince folks to pay me to take their pups out for a spin, stretch it out in the fresh air, give it some exercise and spend some "quality time" with it every now and again... I could even bring it back to the storage yard and email them a report listing any repairs that might be required!

Yep, sounds like a win-win solution to me!  [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]
The trouble with people is not that they don't know but that they know so much that ain't so.  ~Josh Billings

PopupGizmos Solar Bunkend Covers