User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Quick Forum Search

Who's Online

Weekly Photo

Zoom Details 1
Lava Lake
 Views: 121
 Comments: 1
 Rating: 4.97
Posted by Twisty
Aug 16, 2012
in This Week's Photo Winner

Checkout My Rig

photo 1
 Views: 423
Posted by Boomy
Aug 15, 2014
in Checkout My Rig

Recent Topics

See fewer ads! Become a free PopUpPortal member. Click here to Register

Author Topic: 1992 coleman fleetwood americana brandywine  (Read 1778 times)

Offline thestephans

• Tenderfoot
    • NH [NH]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
1992 coleman fleetwood americana brandywine
« on: May 11, 2012, 10:14:15 AM »
My family was just given an awesome 1992 coleman fleetwood americana brandywine that is in good shape except for a few things and my first question is can anyone explain to me the significance all the names? I understand that they are model names that apply to differnt styles. But I guess what I really want to know is can I get any of the parts I need for my new Brandywine from another Coleman Fleetwood that is not exactly the same model as mine? I need some new canvas and don't think I can swing the 900.00 dollars this summer. There is however a few used coleman fleetwoods in my are that I could get parts from. One has some great looking canvas but it is not a Brandywine. Is there anyway I could check part numbers or measurements for the things I need and possible get them from another coleman model if the measurments match up? I know for an experienced POP UP vet these questions may sound stupid, but I am a complete newbie who would love to use his new camper this summer and I don't have a clue.

Offline Raycfe

• Eagle Camper
    • CT [CT]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
    • Coleman Cheyenne
Re: 1992 coleman fleetwood americana brandywine
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 10:30:12 AM »
 [:D]  Welcome from Connecticut, happy camping, enjoy.  [CP]  Here is a link to a 93 parts book. I really do not know if it is the same, but you should look thru it.
Ray, Jin and Quincy,
2000 Coleman Cheyenne, [PU]
04 Grand Cherokee , 00 GMC Jimmy

Offline ghacker

• Eagle Camper
    • IL [IL]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 01:06:01 PM »
Welcome to the Portal. I think Ray forgot to include the link below. Coleman generally didn't make massive changes in models frequently so it's likely the '93 book will be the same for the '92.

http://www.wegocamping.com/page/coleman-parts-books-folding-trailers

FWIW, I know the later Coleman models had sectional tenting. If that's the case with yours, maybe you can attack the problem piecemeal and do the worst sections 1st. What exactly is the problem with the tenting? Could the bad areas be patched? If it's the seams, a local marine canvas or upholstry shop may be able to do some repairs.

'06 Bayside
'13 Ram 1500 Crew Cab

Offline Raycfe

• Eagle Camper
    • CT [CT]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
    • Coleman Cheyenne
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 01:08:35 PM »
Oops....... thanks  I had the dog on my lap chasing the cursor on the screen.
Ray, Jin and Quincy,
2000 Coleman Cheyenne, [PU]
04 Grand Cherokee , 00 GMC Jimmy

Offline jfilz

• Camper, 2nd Class
    • SK [SK]
    • CA [CAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 01:17:31 PM »
Short story - Coleman Tent Trailer was bought out by Fleetwood Folding Tent Trailer (thus Coleman by Fleetwood) - that since went bankrupt and a lot of IP assets now owned by new Somerset Tent Trailer (did not purchase historical parts and will not warranty existing Fleetwood trailer).

Americana 'series' Brandywine 'model' - Cause in Canada they were branded Iroquois (or that is what mine said on the side of it - but is 100% correct to be Brandywine)

Coleman 1992 Americana Series Included Williamsburg, Shenadoah, Brandywine, Grandview and Sequoia Models
They also had a Pioneer Series as well

My Brandywine (which I JUST purchased new canvas for-still in shipping) is a bit older thus not sure of compatibly for your 1992 - but MANY models shared the SAME canvas and many parts to - normally covering several years.

Best to find a Sales Brochure that show the models and various specifics.  Chances are the BODY and canvas is used on many models and a few years too - the interior finishes are where the biggest differences are.   Check the FLOOR dimensions of the various models and the body styles - If the body panels are very similar and floor area the same - you may chance they are compatible. 

To find out if they match.  measure the top edge of the body where the bottom of the canvas goes.  From front to door, Door Width, door to back (sum give the opposite length), Canvas width, crank top to full high and measure the canvas height and then the total projection of BOTH slide outs.  Do the SAME measurement on the donor trailer. if within a year or two and dimensional are the same - you might have a match. Try to get as much hardware off the donor as you can (plastic/metal clips, domes, screws, brackets, curtains, valances etc.)

If canvas have a tear or seam/treads are giving way - you can do many repairs with a HOME sewing machine! (Older machine are better).  You can replace the Windows/screen as well.

I re-sewed up about 50% of my seams and zippers that was falling apart last year when I got it, with polyester upholstery thread (they used cotton which after 30 years disintegrated). This year felt comfortable in spending the $$.  After all my original canvas was 32 years old and looking to replace windows and screens (which some yahoo past owner used both fishing line and HOT melt or some kind of glue to make patches/fixes.)

If you need to get new - a good person to deal with is Chris Gungor at Camper & Recreation, Inc. http://canvasreplacements.com/ - which  is where mine replacement was made!  Quick to answer - gave great information. Can customize color too (but not really listed on there site)

Good Luck!

Offline thestephans

• Tenderfoot
    • NH [NH]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 08:20:27 AM »
I can't thank you guys enough. The parts book has some great info and from what I can tell the 92 and 93 models are the same. The one thing I didn't see was the canvas top. Does anyone know if there are part number anywhere on the canvas itself? If not can anyone tell me what dimensions I should be measuring to look for a replacement?

Offline cobblemizer

• Camper, 2nd Class
    • IL [IL]
    • US [USA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 12:27:05 PM »
I too was just given the same year make and model pop up as my friend went to the darkside with a new fullsize. I thought I was the only one with this model still around as I cannot find another one anywhere.

Bear Creek Canvas