1000W inverter generator on sale for $150 at Home Depot

Discussion in 'Deals too good not to share!' started by Rusty2192, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Active Member

Home Depot has the Sportsman 1000W (1000W surge/800W running) inverter generator on sale this week for only $150. While this won’t run big electronics and definitely not a rooftop A/C, it would be perfect for recharging the battery. It weighs less than 20 lbs and is really quiet. I don’t even boondock or dry camp very often but this is tempting.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Sportsm...ickid=WGR0MpUWvVq110nV8V2BtSO4UkgSaIyRLwa0WM0

3C1DF78E-E997-4788-BC45-A7990ABBAF53.jpeg

BillyMc likes this.
  2. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

I have my 2KW Honda Inverter generator secured to the tailgate section of my truck. It is also covered with a locked folding panel bed cover.

It is surprising all the times this gets used here at the house and local area as well on camping trips... Get to rescue all those campers that have all of their camper and truck doors opened up and getting loaded to head back home. They almost always run their truck battery down having their doors open getting loaded up...haha

I just pull my 2KW Generator out onto the dropped tailgate and fire it up...

This is also a good spot for plugging my Popup trailer 30A plug into the generator when charging my battery bank on the camper each morning which takes around three hours of generator run time...

Not sure if my PD9260C Converter/Charger would run off a 1000WATT generator or not... I'm thinking probably not... When my 50% batteries charge first see 14.4VDC coming from my converter/charger they want to see around 55AMPS DC Current flowing...

[​IMG]
    Roy's image

Another one of my PLAN B's hehe...

ADDED NOTE: I just checked the specs on my PD9260C SMART MODE Charger unit... It wants to see 120VAC at 1000watts... I bet it would choke down a 1000WATT Generator...
    [​IMG]
    Google image

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    PopUpSteve likes this.