1977 Lionel (Sold)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Rob Steiner, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Rob Steiner

Rob Steiner New Member

Aug 29, 2017
    Hi everyone, just reporting in that I have sold my 1977 Lionel, which I loved and which drew a lot of attention. Just recently in Southern Saskatchewan, there was a classic RV group get together, and my classic fit right in. I wasn't part of that group, but it was cool getting so many questions. One guy was convinced that was the actual trailer he owned, bought new.

Anyway, I spent about 60 nights in that trailer, which cost me about $42/night.

I have now seriously upgraded, I bought a Rockwood 2514G, a popup with a slide out dinette and the kitchen is a quasi slide out. This thing is loaded. The Lionel was close to roughing it, this thing is pure luxury. The extra space from the slide outs, the heating system, king/queen and way easier setup for me was worth it.

If anyone has any suggestions for this model, or similar models, I would love to hear it. I am thinking of swapping the battery for two 6-volts, but am interested in feedback.

If you have something similar, how many amps are you going through a day?

2. Shaman1

Shaman1 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2011
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Welcome from Oklahoma. I don't know anything about your unit. I'm sure you will make it your own.

3. Rob Steiner

Rob Steiner New Member

Aug 29, 2017
  4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Welcome from N/W Fl panhandle
    You really moved up in the camping world, Really a nice unit. And lots of room. Good luck and Keep On Camping