1977 Lionel (Sold)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Rob Steiner, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Rob Steiner

Rob Steiner New Member

Hi everyone, just reporting in that I have sold my 1977 Lionel, which I loved and which drew a lot of attention. Just recently in Southern Saskatchewan, there was a classic RV group get together, and my classic fit right in. I wasn't part of that group, but it was cool getting so many questions. One guy was convinced that was the actual trailer he owned, bought new.

Anyway, I spent about 60 nights in that trailer, which cost me about $42/night.

I have now seriously upgraded, I bought a Rockwood 2514G, a popup with a slide out dinette and the kitchen is a quasi slide out. This thing is loaded. The Lionel was close to roughing it, this thing is pure luxury. The extra space from the slide outs, the heating system, king/queen and way easier setup for me was worth it.

If anyone has any suggestions for this model, or similar models, I would love to hear it. I am thinking of swapping the battery for two 6-volts, but am interested in feedback.

If you have something similar, how many amps are you going through a day?

2. Shaman1

Shaman1 Well-Known Member

Welcome from Oklahoma. I don't know anything about your unit. I'm sure you will make it your own.

3. Rob Steiner

Rob Steiner New Member

4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Welcome from N/W Fl panhandle
    You really moved up in the camping world, Really a nice unit. And lots of room. Good luck and Keep On Camping

5. Nani2

Nani2 Active Member

Very nice. We have the similar Flagstaff with the dining slideout but no kitchen slide out . Love it.