1989 Palomino Owner Manual

Discussion in 'Camper Manufacturers & Manuals' started by bigmando, Oct 6, 2010.

1. bigmando

bigmando New Member

Oct 6, 2010
    I was wondering if anyone knows where i might be able purchase an owner manual for My 89 palomino?

2. David in MI

David in MI New Member

Sep 30, 2010
    If you find a source let me know, my wife emailed Forest river and they just sent her a copy of the current manual [:(]

As new pupers it was informative, but with a '96 , just in that generic sort of way.

3. Miller Tyme

Miller Tyme N. Fond du Lac, Wis.

Palomino suffered a fire in May 1992, so all older manuals are non-existant, unless you find one on the many camping forums, E-Bay, or other sales boards/publications.

4. sehuff903

sehuff903 1985 Palomino MXL

Jun 7, 2010
    I have collected (mostly from members on this forum) 3 Pal manuals, 1975, 1981, 1991. They are all pretty generic in nature,they do have instructions for basic operation of the appliances available in those years and generic instructions for the care of the canvas and vinyl and mechanical maintenance of the pup.
    Unfortunately I have not found one for my '85 hardside yet. The '81 manual I have is missing the setup instructions for the fold-a-wall series and the '91 is for models with crank-up roofs, if your think any would be of interest to you I will be glad to email one or all to you.
    Good luck trying to find an '89 manual and if you happen to run across an '85 please let me know.

5. Miller Tyme

Miller Tyme N. Fond du Lac, Wis.

I had an '85 hardside. Set up is not that hard.
    After leveling and unclipping the hold downs, grasp the right front lift arm and pull towards the front. If there are 2 of you, the other person should be on the opposite corner, pulling the lift arm to the rear. As the walls go up, pull them outward so that they are fairly straight up and down. Make sure the lift arms go into the side mounted supports. Then, slide the sleeve on the front right down over the hinge. You then open the door, and fasten the top of the door frame to the top of the side board using the swinging clip. Then, you can clip the top and bottom of the door together. Then you can fasten the thermostat board to the opposite wall, using the sliding clip mounted in the curtain rail. That's it.

It sounds more complicated than it is, as it only takes a few minutes to set up. Tear down is just reverse the preceding items. After you unclip the thermostat board and the 2 door clips, slide the sleeve up, and give the walls a little push inward, and the walls drop into the body.

Alot of this depends on the condition of the lift springs under the rig. If they're weak, you'll know it, and 2 people setting up/tearing down will make things easier.

6. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    I'm in the process of moving all the manuals over to our new media library. sehuff903 sent me his Palomino manuals and I have added them to the library. Here's the link: Manual Library

The new library will also allow members to upload manuals directly instead emailing them to me first. I will have that feature working shortly.

7. David in MI

David in MI New Member

Sep 30, 2010
  8. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    Ops, sorry about that. As I said I'm still working on the library. I will fix that today so you will be able to access it shortly.

9. bigmando

bigmando New Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Thank you

10. bigmando

bigmando New Member

Oct 6, 2010
    i wanted to thank your guys for this. This is a great site great people.

11. Rachel Herrera

Rachel Herrera New Member

Aug 21, 2018
    I am also looking for an 86 hard side manual.