1990 Coleman Columbia Camper

Discussion in 'Checkout My Rig !' started by RobertMcW, Dec 30, 2018.

1. RobertMcW

RobertMcW New Member

This is Robert from Magnolia, Texas. One of our couple friends had bought this 1990 Coleman Columbia camper and never used it and decided to sell it for what they had in it. So, we will buy it from them for $500.00. I will put new tires on it before we move it to our place (as today the tires are in transit) and plan to fix the few holes and clean it up and use it when I get the title and then move it. I think I will remove the sink and the stove and make a new counter top and use a smaller sink as I would want water. The space would then be used by the fridge with a small microwave and if we really need to have a stove, we can use a camping type one. I looked at it once and think is no heat. We do not plan to live in it.

upload_2018-12-30_9-31-36.png

upload_2018-12-30_9-32-11.png

upload_2018-12-30_9-33-4.png

upload_2018-12-30_9-33-34.png

upload_2018-12-30_9-33-56.png

I do not think we would ever use it in the winter as my wife cannot stand the cold – the cold hurts her joints. In the colder days, we would want a heater. But in the Texas area, we would need a a/c. I think a 13,500 btu Coleman with heat pump would work. I will order the PopupGizmos Solar Covers. Any input as to size would be appreciated (like type and 13,500 vs 15,000 btu’s).

And anywhere can I get the broken marker passenger size lenses? Would get a few for spares, if possible.

And plan to patch and clean the canvas for now. If we really like it, we can replace it but it would be easy to sink thousands into a $500 tent (not counting the a/c). But may pull out the cabinets and rip the vinyl flooring and replace it and think about the cabinets and new doors. They have some stick on veneer for cabinets that would not break the bank. But that would later if we like it. For now we will try it as is. If we don't like it, Craigslist is your friend.

But for now, I am getting the 1999 Ford Ranger (4 banger) for the trips. I will have a cooler in the trans and a trailer receiver installed. I will find a camping shell for the truck and check the brakes.

Anyhow, looking for spring and the shakedown cruse and will keep you guys posted.

Robert

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  2. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Active Member

Nice pup, good price too! Enjoy and happy camping!

3. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

sounds and look like you got a deal. Welcome from N/W Fl Panhandle. Good Luck with the NTU unit.

4. RobertMcW

RobertMcW New Member

Today the big Brown Truck is to deliver the new tires. I have a Coleman Mach 3 13,500 btu with heat strip and Non-Ducted Assembly on order and have contacted the good folks in Camperland will install it. More photos pending.

megcabra likes this.
  5. RobertMcW

RobertMcW New Member

The heat strip and Non-Ducted Assembly arrived today.

6. RobertMcW

RobertMcW New Member

The new tires got here on Thursday and got the title from the seller. Today is to go to the county and transfer it to me, go where the is camper and install the tires and go home. When the a/c gets here, it is off to Camperland for the install and they can look it over and give me a list what it needs of if there is any surprises.

7. J Starsky

J Starsky Well-Known Member

CamperLand must be your local RV store - so at least you've got an outlet. I keep extra lenses, bulbs and fuse for each camper inside of them. Nothing worse than losing a light or something fixable but not having parts! Nice lil rig you got there. Welcome to the neighborhood!

8. RobertMcW

RobertMcW New Member

Thank you.

9. J Starsky

J Starsky Well-Known Member

No Problem!
    For heat, think about electric plug in heaters. Here in MN I've camped in the 40's (overnight temps) with the wife and kids and a single electric heater was all I needed. Everyone kept warm and toasty. Get a nice one at wally world close out for cheap, but a tip over switch and a temp setting are required - you don't want high/med/low as your settings. We also have one that oscillates and will run FAN only, for when it starts to feel like Texas up here! I pulled mine around with a 5speed ranger without problems, but wife and kids took the minivan that time. Kept in 4th most of the time due to hills and fun o_O