1992 Destiny Royale roof questions

Discussion in 'Camper Restoration Projects' started by desroyale, Apr 15, 2018.

1. desroyale

desroyale New Member

Apr 15, 2018
    Good Morning All!
    I'm new here to PopUpPortal. I've owned a 92 Coleman Destiny Royale for a few years now. What was once a small roof leak has now become an issue that needs to be addressed. I'm seeing alot of how to forums, pictures and videos. However, before I try to tackle the rebuild i have a few questions. What fasteners are holding the canvas tracks to the roof? Rivets? The heads have circles with three lines in them. Will these have to be drilled out? I haven't opened anything up yet. Will these be found throughout? Are the lift legs riveted as well or will they have screws/bolts easier to deal with. Thank you in advance for any replies.

2. desroyale

desroyale New Member

Apr 15, 2018
    Not sure how to edit here. What I believe to be rivets are actually located on the metal trims at the luann joints and roof corners.

3. Mamie

Mamie Active Member

Sep 11, 2017
    LA - Lower Alabama
    Do you have pics?

4. DFire2

DFire2 Active Member

Jun 18, 2016
    Central Michigan
    I know my JayCo popup canvas fasteners are held in by staples, and lift rods by bolts.

desroyale likes this.
  5. kcormier19

kcormier19 Member

Sep 12, 2017
    massachusetts
    The tracks that hold the canvas in my Jayco are stapled into the sidewalls about every 18 inches or so and the canvas has screws going through it in the corners where there is n more track. You could do the same or maybe just buy a couple of new pieces of track and cut them to fit in the space where there is none. the screws they used have a washer built onto them, they were not separate.
    20171123_150029.jpg

6. desroyale

desroyale New Member

Apr 15, 2018
    Thank you kcormier19.
    Unfortunately it looks as if the Jayco's roof is completely different than my Colemans. I appreciate the reply though.