1995 Coleman Utah

Discussion in 'Checkout My Rig !' started by Timwyatt, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Timwyatt

Timwyatt Whoop Whoop

Jan 11, 2010
    Bought this rig Monday for 2000 bucks. [8D] Needs some proper patch work done(What do you all suggest for this....canvas, vinyl, and screen.) and curtains (don't know where to start with the curtains.) but its a pretty sound trailer. Didn't mind it needing some work cuz i like to tinker with things. I will be putting carpet and a stereo in and painting the cabinet doors as well. Have a friend that makes counter tops for a living and is gonna hook me up with new tops. All that's left is an awning! She will be sweet when im done! The wife is pumped! [:D] [PUC] [TV] Will start working on it as soon as this Oregon rain lets up! [{}=] [:(!] Oh one more Question... sorry for needing all the info... is the best way to clean the canvas in and out to take it off or leave it on?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. awsandlin

awsandlin Active Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Very nice looking rig. Keep us posted on your work.

3. Timwyatt

Timwyatt Whoop Whoop

Jan 11, 2010
    I'm Guessing that Resolve will become my best friend through all of this.... LOL

4. awsandlin

awsandlin Active Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Are you talking about Resolve cleaner, or just plain old Resolve to get it done?

5. FC

FC Central Florida

Apr 2, 2007
    Apopka, Fl
    Looks good.

6. azbirddog42

azbirddog42 Bullhead City, Arizona

Aug 25, 2009
    Bullhead CIty, AZ
    Nice looking rig [:D]. I would think twice about putting in carpet. Hard to keep clean. Suggest you use throw rugs, easier to shake out the dirt and sand. Type in the search box ,canvas cleaning and something should pop up. Good luck with your new to you PUP...AZ [8D]

SUMMER IS NOT FAR OFF

7. outdoorsnga

outdoorsnga Marietta, Georgia USA

May 3, 2009
    Marietta, Georgia
    wow, your post makes me think I need to get busy on our jayco....thats a great looking rig no matter what you paid for it....and whats wrong with a little duct tape here and there. Your pix dont do justice for the work you seem to feel you need to do. If you do have some mold or stains, use the search at top of page and read the great info on how to clean and what to use...As far as patching..you can get a good patch kit at about any rv center or army navy store, just get the right kit, vinyl or canvas...we had a pretty good size burn hole in top of one of our bunks (from a bunk light from previous owner). We patched and its as good as new...we do use the pop up gizmos so if it leaks I guess we will never know...Good luck and have fun working and camping in your great looking nu2u pup.

8. Dusty82

Dusty82 New Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Northern Nevada
    Nice looking rig! Hit up a local upholstery shop that does boat covers and awnings for some canvas, and ask them the best way to patch your canvas. They may have a few small pieces they'll just give you to get rid of it. If not, they'd certainly be able to sell you a small amount. You can find fiberglass screen repair kits at most hardware stores (I'd avoid aluminum and cheap plastic screen repair kits.)

9. Timwyatt

Timwyatt Whoop Whoop

Jan 11, 2010
    The Resolve cleaner that comes in the red spray bottle.

10. Amber in WA

Amber in WA New Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Greetings from the north! You really scored -- It looks really nice in the photos. Although I'm no PUP expert, I've cleaned my share of floors and I would discourage you from putting carpet in -- my PUP floors get suprisingly dirty from the in-and-out traffic. Wet carpet can take several days to dry and if you don't have several days of dry weather you might end up with mold and mildew.

Good luck and post pictures.

11. Hyperterex

Hyperterex New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Nice crib from the rainy left coast bay area.

12. bud121156

bud121156 Western North Carolina

Apr 15, 2007
    North Carolina
    Congrats on the keeper.........good luck with the redo!

13. Timwyatt

Timwyatt Whoop Whoop

Jan 11, 2010
    Well I pulled the trailer for the first time today! Can hardly tell its back there! I took all the counter top pieces out today and gave them to my friend thats a GM at a cabinet shop. Its going to look sweet! Will post photos as soon as I get the new ones!

14. jtbeck

jtbeck New Member

Apr 12, 2008
    Holy cow. That is the EXACT same PUP we had (same year and everything), and the EXACT same price we paid for ours. I see the awning isn't on your roof, and neither was ours. The zipper on the awning bag was broken when we bought ours.

You'll love it. It's got plenty of space, and the "U" shaped dinette gives you TONS of seating for the foul weather days.

Man your pictures really brought back some memories for me! I loved looking at them. Whenever we went camping with our camping group of friends, our PUP was always the camper the kids gravitated toward. They liked coming inside and playing games on the table with all the windows wide open.

I swear, if it wasn't for the couple of holes in the canvas and the absence of an A/C unit, I would swear it WAS our old Utah. If it's anywhere near as nice as ours was (and it sure looks like it is) you'll really enjoy it. It was a very sturdy, easy towing trailer.

Did yours come with the hanging gear bag and the Add A Room? The gear bag was REALLY useful. If yours didn't come with one, you can find them on ebay and I think you might be able to get them from Coleman.

15. Timwyatt

Timwyatt Whoop Whoop

Jan 11, 2010
    What you see is what I got. I totally wish we had the awning and what not but it didn't have one. Has the track for one though. We will have to Jimmy rig up some curtains and then clean her then we will be set.

16. Newbie Camper

Newbie Camper Lovin' Camping

Apr 20, 2009
    Nice Purchase!!! Curtains would be simple to do. If your a novice sewer and prefer using hemming tape or glue find a cloth shower curtain that you like and cut it in half then hem up the bottom with hemming tape or do a simple stitch along bottom. You could also cut down the center and do the same and then had self adhesive velcro so that it can close from the center. The top is already prepared for hanging, or apply velcro to top of fabric and pup. If you like to sew and don't mind a simple project go to your local fabric store and see whats on sale that you like. Then ask for it to be cut according to the length you'll need. Remember to allow an inch or so extra for hemming. Then take it home and do a simple straight stitch up and down the sides and around the bottom to hem it. Then do a button stitch every so often along the top to allow for it to hang or secure velcro to the top and apply some self adhesive velcro to the top of your PUP so that you can hang them with ease.

17. Dusty82

Dusty82 New Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Northern Nevada
    Newbie Camper is right - curtains are very easy to make. Just pay attention to how your old curtains mount. If you don't have any curtains at all, drop by your local Coleman/Fleetwood dealer and check out a few of the pups they have set up for sale. Take your digital camera with you, if you have one, and take lots of pics of how the curtains are made and how they're hung in the pup. (I do this kind of thing so often, our local dealer calls me "The Photographer.")

They haven't changed the curtain mounting in several years. You can get the mounting tabs in the parts dept, and go from there as Newbie Camper suggested. If you don't sew, or you don't know anyone who sews, get yourself an inexpensive machine and take a class or two on how to use it. Just about every sewing machine shop out there offers classes that are very inexpensive - free if you buy the machine from them.

I fell into a deal on an industrial machine a few years back and took some upholstery classes to learn how to use it. I've never regretted it. At first I took a bit of ribbing from my friends about learning to sew - until they found out I get anywhere from $200 - $700 for doing a car seat... [:D] Oh, and yeah - they all have stuff they want me to do for their campers/boats/cars, etc... [LOL]

18. slowfatknitter

slowfatknitter New Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Louisburg, Kansas
    This is the same make/model we have! We bought it late last season and have only been able to camp in it once. We downsized from a TT and don't regret it a bit. We can go many more places that we couldn't go with the TT. Ours did come with an awning, add a room, new tires and has the curtains. No holes or tears on canvas and like new condition. It had been stored in a heated garage when we paid $2700 for it. So you did great! Have fun making it your own.

19. Timwyatt

Timwyatt Whoop Whoop

Jan 11, 2010
    I would love to see some photos! please....

20. Mountainbikecop

Mountainbikecop Death Smiles At Everyone -- Marines Smile Back"

Oct 20, 2009
    Broadway VA
    Nice rig, can you spell elbow grease, scrub with your best Resolve cleaner worked for me.