1997 Viking 2060ST rebuild (floor, front compartment)

Discussion in 'Camper Restoration Projects' started by Dubbya, Apr 5, 2012.

1. BigBaron

BigBaron Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...

Jun 21, 2012
    Those nails ain't going anywhere. They are steel nails.

Did you notice how much the steel was bent by shooting the nail through it? My only complaint is they are not removable/replaceable.

2. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

Aug 2, 2011
    Steinbach, MB
    Well, it shouldn't prevent you from enjoying the pup. I'm sure the DW and kids don't even know about it, don't care one little bit and they're just happy to have it.

I feel bad for ya, Baron. Finding stuff like that after all the hassle you went through to get your baby shipped and being in a position where you can't do anything but fix it yourself. That just sucks.

3. BigBaron

BigBaron Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...

Jun 21, 2012
    It doesn't prevent me from enjoying the pup at all! Actually, I love having something to tinker with. I'll be able to use my Skil saw for a second time in ten years... [LOL] [LOL]

Trust me, EVERYONE knows about it... My wife used to run the office of our company. She knows all about cars and construction.

I also love legal fights-a hazard of being a former commercial high-rise contractor. I'm really good at it. [}:)]

So maybe I'll have two things to do! [;)]

4. vdotmatrix

vdotmatrix Member

Feb 11, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    Man I have been referring back to differnt pages on this Thread . Dubbya, you really RE-BUILT this thing right. The detail you went through to do all that is amazing and it must have taken forever. I am so glad I took a lot of pictures as I was dismatling stuff and still find I didn't take enough images.... Man you have done an amazing been of wood craft to be proud of. Once I figure out why the wall cap doesn't fit right or why the lifter there is binding I am going to seal this puppy up and use it.

5. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

Aug 2, 2011
    Steinbach, MB
    Glad ya found it useful. Yep, those wall caps are a little snug to begin with. Good on ya for taking on your project!

6. Canoe2fish

Canoe2fish Member

Apr 14, 2014
    This is an awesome rebuild thread! Well done with great looking results