1998 Coleman Bayside

Discussion in 'FreeCycle' started by elmarcin, May 7, 2018.

1. elmarcin

elmarcin What Did I Get Myself Into

Sep 3, 2011
    1998 Coleman Bayside for the taking. Moving out of state and cannot park it at new home. Needs a new AC and Roof, I have patched it but it needs to be replaced. Everything else works - stoves, lift system, hot water heater, electric brakes, 3 way fridge. I even have the screen room that mounts on to the awning, complete with trailer skirt and wheel covers.

2 king size beds with pull out dining area. 26 feet long when fully deployed.

I will post for a week or so otherwise I am scrapping it.

Located in Boca Raton, Florida.
    98 Bayside.png

Orchid likes this.
  2. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

Oh man I wish I lived a little closer.
    @Orchid you need a new project dont you?

Orchid likes this.
  3. tzmartin

tzmartin Active Member

Sep 9, 2015
    Wow, i would love some parts! Do you have the plastic dual propane tank cover? Sell it on craiglist and you'll get someone to take it off your hands.

4. tzmartin

tzmartin Active Member

Sep 9, 2015
    I have a friend that may be interested. Did the leaks rot out anything in the floor? Maybe post a few more pictures?

Orchid likes this.
  5. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Do I need one or want one? [LOL] If @tzmartin friend doesn't take it, it will be a strong temptation. It's 5 hours away, but for free it's doable.

6. tzmartin

tzmartin Active Member

Sep 9, 2015
    Talked to friend and it's too far away. Go get that PUP and fix it up!

Orchid likes this.
  7. Orchid

@elmarcin , is there any interior damage?

Do you have any interior photos?

Do you have the title?

Does it have a bathroom?

I appreciate that you are giving this away and not trying to be too demanding, just want to see if it's worth it for us to make the drive down and get it. Thanks.

jnc likes this.
  8. elmarcin

Sep 3, 2011
    Last I looked the floor was in perfect condition. The leak was being caught on the canvas, so I oxycleaned it a few times and it came out clean. I put a container to catch any drips while closed. I have not opened since last summer, will open this weekend to remove personal gear.

Orchid likes this.
  9. elmarcin

Sep 3, 2011

I have the title, Florida. Does not have a bathroom. No interior damage last I checked. This photo is from last summer. I dont have a lot of interior photos, we tend to spend time outside :)

Attached Files:

10. elmarcin

Sep 3, 2011
    As a matter of fact I do have that rare plastic dual propane cover, only missing the small cable that holds it on.

11. Orchid

As hard as this is to resist, I'm going to have to decline because of the lack of a bathroom. If someone else on the forum doesn't grab it up by the time you want it gone, I will rethink the option. We are heading for St. Augustine camping on Sunday for a week so would have to send one of my grown kids down after it. It's a much nicer camper than we have, I would just have to add a toilet. The roof and a/c replacement no problem.

12. Orchid

This camper is hard on my mind. Could someone take it already?!?! [LOL]

Everyone always looking for a great deal on a pup, and here is a FREE one. Roof cost about $600, optional a/c about $500 most places but I can get one for $200 from a local place. So, basically a NICE camper for $1100!! Where is everyone?

I literally have two days to go pick this up as we are having a gender reveal party for grandchild #5 on Saturday and leaving for a week long camping trip on Sunday.

@elmarcin - I would make arrangements asap, just because I can't stand to see it go to junk, if I knew there was no new floor damage from the leak. I just can't wait until the weekend to find out. [:!] My only kids that are used to towing, and have capable vehicles, be heading to Kentucky on Sunday. They move mobile homes for a living and have two back to back trips so will be gone all week - toters with homes attached can't go full speed.

tzmartin likes this.
  13. tzmartin

tzmartin Active Member

Sep 9, 2015
    I'm going on a cruise on July 7th and leaving from Ft. Lauderdale. I would drive my vehicle down and bring the camper back then but, alas, the timing is wrong. It's too long a drive to Boca from here for a camper.

Orchid likes this.
  14. Orchid

We cruised from that port a few years ago on Oasis of the Seas. What ship are you going on? Usually we leave from Canaveral, but those biggest ships can't get in there. I feel like it took us 7 hours to get the port, although I could be mistaken. Looking on Google maps it's only 5 hours to Boca Raton from Lake City.

It is REALLY bad timing for us as well, but I would go get it Friday if I knew for sure about the floor and interior. I just have a hard time passing up a deal! Especially a deal on my favorite thing ... a camper. lol

15. Orchid

Canceled our camping reservations for next week due to thunderstorms every single day. That leaves us available to possibly pick up the camper. I'll wait to see interior photos and have it verified that roof leak didn't cause any interior damage.

If all is well I think we are definitely interested. Thanks!

tzmartin likes this.
  16. tzmartin

tzmartin Active Member

Sep 9, 2015
    We're taking the Carnival Magic. It's an extended family vacation with Grandparents and sister in law. Never been on a cruise so I'm looking forward to the experience.

Orchid likes this.
  17. Orchid

You are going to love it! I wish we could afford to go more often. The Oasis of the Seas was a once in a lifetime trip. It was pricey due to the size of the ship and I didn't enjoy it any more than I did the smaller ones. It was also an extended family trip for my parents' 50th anniversary. We have only been on Royal Caribbean so far.

18. elmarcin

Sep 3, 2011
    Sorry - I missed these threads, usually get email notification but didn't. I will open it up today and post some pics Orchid.

19. elmarcin

Sep 3, 2011
    Interior pictures 20180512_110009.jpg 20180512_105934.jpg

Attached Files:

20. elmarcin

Sep 3, 2011
    for the most part any leaking occurred on the inside for the most part any leaking occurred on the inside of the canvas which can be cleaned. The leaking is coming down through the overhead lights. The floor is solid as far as I can tell and it looks like we now have a little moisture on some of the mattresses

Last edited: May 12, 2018