1999 Jayco 12UDK!!??

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by mogogear, Sep 9, 2013.

1. mogogear

mogogear New Member

Well after looking at a couple of beaters in the area off Craigslist I found a 1997 Jayco 12UDk up on Seattle for $1950......Looked really good. But it was a long way and DW was telling me with her eyes that we needed to rest up from the garage remodel..financially if you know what I mean [:D]

I check CL this afternoon and found a 1999 Jayco 12 UDK nearer ( only 50 miles away) and had a pleasant owner on the other end of the phone when I called to let him know I sent him a small list of questions before I drove down to see it.

It is listed as $1850 OBO.....I have already prepped DW if we could swing a measly $1,500 if it turned out to be a good one...fingers crossed.

So a question my good trailer owners....

Who can speak to their happiness with such a trailer as this? It fits my first requirement as it is only 14 ft 1" long when closed. I only have 15' in my small 1913 garage to spare to it for safe winter keeping...

2. candleems

candleems Member

Re: 1999 Jayco 12UDK!!

Does 14 feet long include the tongue and how far the spare hangs off the back?

3. mogogear

mogogear New Member

Re: 1999 Jayco 12UDK!!

Yep from tongue tip to rear of camper- so the spare might add another 10" or so ..15' is the max I can handle and still get bikes out of the garage and have some space to work on my work bench...so I could actually stuff 19' trailer in there...and need to roll it out to open a work bench door.

I should be good on that note...As I have not actually been in a Jayco yet..my fingers are crossed. This is the floor plan I really like- with a dinette and a U- shaped second seating area at the other end. dual propane, roll up awning yada yada yada.

Any 12 UDK owners testimonials out there?

4. mogogear

mogogear New Member

Hmmm upon closer inspection to the layout and comparison to other photos it appears to be the little brother --the 10UD...funny how many sellers do not know the model of what they have ( and how many new buyers like me can see what they want to see)

So less storage space...oh well we will see what kind of shape it is in when I get there.. :)

5. George Rose

George Rose Member

It should say 12 UDK right by the door. We love the one we have. [8D]