1st time Pup owner

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by csweihe, Jul 9, 2018.

1. csweihe

csweihe New Member

Jul 9, 2018
    MN
    Hello! I purchased a rehabbed 94 Starflier in March. I've been out 3 times so far and I'm still a bit unsure about the whole thing. I have been a tent camper for ---well my whole life. I really enjoy a soft bed, places for guests to sleep and storing everything in one place. In my tent, I've done several cross-country trips to places like Maine, Olympic Penninsula, Rocky Mnts...I worry about blown tires, snapping cables, mice during storage with the pup! I think I want to work on the outside of the camper...I am an artist and an art teacher. I have big rolls of automotive vinyl that were donated to my art room years ago.

2. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Elkins WV area
    Welcome from the West Virginia mountains

3. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Welcome from NM.
    A pup is really a tent on wheels, although it can approach glamping set-up, depending on amenities. We tent camped for more than 20 seasons before we began to use our first popup regularly (after a rehab). I too worried about mechanical things on the pups, and still do, especially on my solo trips. For us, the popups extended our camping season, and gave us a place to sit inside in bad weather where we could still see out, which was not the case with the tent.
    Courtenay still gets his tent time, since he backpacks (I can no longer do that). When we sold our popup to move to a small TT (due to my back and other issues) we continued to keep our large front country tents as an option.

Raycfe likes this.
  4. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Hi, from another newbie to Pop-Ups. We will learn as we go!

5. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    Welcome

6. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Welcome to the Portal from N/W Fl Panhandle. The good thing about used PUP is you have no remorse as some do with a new unit. You can do anything you desire to "make it your own"
    and doing the outside would definitely be "Made it your Own. Be sure ans show some pictures when completed. Good Luck and happy Camping

7. Dee L

Dee L New Member

Jul 6, 2018
    Arizona
    Hey there from Sahuarita, AZ! We're new too and I'm excited about redoing the inside of our 2012 Pup. I look forward to seeing what you do to yours on the outside - must be great to have such talent - that's really exciting!!

8. megcabra

megcabra Well-Known Member

Welcome and greetings from North Carolina to the exciting world of Pop-Up camping!

9. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    awelcome.jpg from the Connecticut shoreline. Worry less Enjoy more.

10. DJS12354

DJS12354 Well-Known Member

Greetings from NEPA!