2002 Coleman Floor Repair

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MM77, Jul 12, 2018.

1. MM77

MM77 New Member

Jul 12, 2018
    Hi,

We have a 2002 Coleman Utah that we love. When I bought it I knew the floor in the storage box was rotten and I am considering replacing the entire floor. I've watched several videos and think I can handle the work, I'm wondering if anyone has done this on this model, or one with a slide? Also the rear panel seems to be a little loose. I'd like to rebuild the back wall, but I'm not sure how to go about doing that. Ultimately we are hoping to get it the camper nice and solid and do a renovation. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    How bad is the rot? Is it the whole box? I just had a little rot and replaced the peice and the side wall of the box. Replacing the whole floor is a good idea, but I can see it being a time consuming process. Good luck .

3. MM77

MM77 New Member

Jul 12, 2018
    The rot in the utility box is pretty bad. I was thinking of replacing the floor in sections to minimize the impact. We'd like to rebuild the cabinets with real wood too. We love the camper and the floor plan is exactly what we want so some time and $$ is worth it for us.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  4. Sjm9911

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    Lol, I was going to do the same, but was able to replace the floor and the sidewall without doing much damage. Figured use it for what it is for now.....i think most people end up removing the front box and building something sturdier. Or mount a truck bed tool box there. First thing to do is to find where the water is coming from.

5. Sjm9911

May 31, 2018
    Nj
  6. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    The rear panel and front box pieces come off easier than you think. I t is the wood framing underneath that causes the problems. I would start with replacing the complete floor of the storage box. One nice piece that will go side to side. Then repair the wall between the storage box and the inside. You can even change to door if your old one had a sliding panel. The floor going from side to side supports the rear framework. The front and 2 side panels are just plywood. You can even make cutouts in the front panel for more storage.

7. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    Also Welcome