2002 Coleman Utah Overhaul

Discussion in 'Camper Restoration Projects' started by Faboo2bme2, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Faboo2bme2

Faboo2bme2 New Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Hi guys-

I’m remodeling a 2002 Coleman Utah. I couldn’t be more excited about this process but would love some advice from y’all!

1) I’ll be recovering the cushions. I plan on going with Sunbrella indoor/outdoor material.
    Can anyone tell me how to measure for this? I would rather have some left over than be just short.

2) Id like to replace the light fixtures with LED - hopefully that have a dimming option.

3) Has anyone swapped the MDF cabinets out for real wood? I’d really love to dress up new cabinets with a little trim... making them look more residential. (My fiancé is currently rolling his eyes over this, but he is a good sport!)

4) I’m not sure if this mod is in the cards- but I’d like to replace the front storage box in diamond plating. Has anyone done this?

I really appreciate everyone’s help and knowledge on this!! Thank you so much!!

-Brandy

2. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    Good luck with your remodel. If you take a bulb from your existing lights there should be a number on the side and you can go on Amazon and find the LEDs you need. Going to be doing this myself when I save up enough for all my projects. as for your cushions first you need to figure out what type of cover you want to make. Are you trying to make a slipcover to slide your cushions in and have a zipper that allows access to get the cushions out, or do what some do and just staple the new cover onto the cushions. I myself was thinking of making a slip cover to allow easy cleaning. Between dogs and my little side kick dirt gets everywhere. If you go the slip cover route you will need to measure all sides of the cushions, back front sides and leave excess In your measurements. Multiply those numbers by the number of cushions your covering. But do also keep in mind how wide your fabric you buy is. To ensure you have enough to cover your sides. This is also on my to do list but this is going to be expensive project. The cost of fabric is so expensive now. [:(] Can't help you with your other plans, but want to mention real wood cabinets will add a lot of weight to the camper. Your axle can only manage so much so you will have to keep that in mind.