2002 Niagara Elite roof cracks

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by COTurners, Jul 11, 2018.

1. COTurners

COTurners New Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Hello! We are in the market for our first pop up for our family. We looked at a 2002 Niagara Elite and the cracking on the roof was pretty extensive. I’ve read many threads in here about repair and it sounds like a very involved process that we may not want to commit to (and may not have the space to work on it to that degree). Can repairs even fix more than small hairline cracks? I wish I had taken a picture. If repaired, would they still be likely to cause problems, if they haven’t already? Sorry so many questions. We are learning as quickly as we can but hope to get a little advice from those that have dealt with roof cracks already. Thank you!!!

2. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    If I remember correctly the 2002 niagra has the ABS roof. Although the ABS roof has been known to crack and delaminate if you find an ABS roof that does not have many huge or deep cracks you can put grizzly grip which is like a truck bed liner on the roof for a maintenance free roof. Many have tackled such a repair on here so check out ABS roof repairs etc. Some ABS roofs are severely damaged with delamination and sagging that only an entire roof replacement can fix. So I say it's worth a look see, but do keep a sharp eye on the roof. If it has an AC does the roof look like its sagging? I live in the city myself and any repairs are done outside in the elements so very limited what I could do.

3. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
  4. COTurners

COTurners New Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Thank you so much for your responses and help! There were a lot of large cracks so we decided to pass even though we loved the condition of everything else on/in it. Bummed but better than getting in over our heads with repairs or something we can’t use for long. Glad to have found this forum! :) Thanks again!