2004 Fleetwood Sequoia

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by Dubose, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Dubose

Dubose New Member

Hi everyone. I’m new here, sorry if this has been discussed already, but I’ve searched and have seen so many different types of campers/roofs so I’m a bit confused. . We just purchased our first camper and the roof seems to be sagging a lot and the sides of the roof have rotted wood. Is there somewhere I can look for some tips to repairing it? Or if anyone has any advice on our best course of action, it is greatly appreciated. It is a Fleetwood Sequoia and the entire roof seems to bow where the ac unit is. It was manufactured 11/2003

Thanks

2. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Portal from South Carolina. Plenty of threads here on roof repairs here. I've never had to rebuild one.

Dubose likes this.
  3. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Do you know what your roof is made of? I have an alumitite roof on my 04 Fleetwood Utah. I know heavy sagging was an issue with an ABS roof wasn’t aware of it being a huge problem on the alumitite roof. At least on my roof they used an AC brace that supports the AC. A lot of posts in the roof section of our forum stating what they did to resolve sagging with an ABS roof. Although you may be interested in a full roof rebuild if it’s as bad as you say. Again her a a few posts out there listing what people did for a roof rebuild.

Dubose likes this.
  4. Dubose

Dubose New Member

How do I find out what it’s made of? Would it be in the manual? Ive read a lot about the ABS, but wouldn’t know how to tell if that’s what I have, lol

5. jmkay1

The easiest way is to see if you have an ABS roof is, are there any seams
    on your roof. On my roof where the side boards meet the top are seams you have to caulk. With an ABS roof, it is one big piece of plastic and rounded corners, no caulking needed.

Dubose likes this.
  6. jmkay1

I was just checking on line and actually think you may have an aluminum roof. Does yours have a center seam down the center? If so that sounds like it's aluminum and not the infamous ABS or Alumitite roof. If that is the case, I'm not as familiar with that roof.

Dubose likes this.
  7. Dubose

Dubose New Member

Thanks so much. We have it covered with a tarp at the moment and it’s pouring. I’ll be checking it out as soon as the rain stops. Hopefully I can get a game plan together once I figure out what it is made from

8. Dubose

Dubose New Member

I do not believe there is a center seam

9. Dubose

Dubose New Member

I just text my husband and he said it definitely has a center seam. Thanks! Going to research this type and some fixes now

10. GreyFox

GreyFox Active Member

Your 2004 Sequoia is a Highlander model and as such has a conventional aluminum skin roof with a centre seam. If it truly has leaked your best bet is to remove it entirely from the trailer so you can disassemble it where it's protected from the elements and make any necessary repairs.

11. Mamie

Mamie Active Member

The hard part for me was trying to get the sideboard off. I had started, then my sister passed away and everything was on hold. Then a hurricane was coming so I tried to close everything up by pushing the beds in -- big mistake. The canvas on one end is holding water. I can't wait to get started again. If I can the side boards off, putting them back on shouldn't be a problem. I'm going to use OSB and face it with aluminum flashing. After that I think the inside shouldn't be a problem at all.