2008 Fleetwood Sedona Heater

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by Poppy Jen, May 30, 2019.

1. Poppy Jen

Poppy Jen New Member

Hi everyone. I recently purchased a 2008 Fleetwood Sedona pop up. It didn’t come with an owners/operating manual. I’m having trouble getting the heater to work. I figured out everything else but that. On the grate over the heater it says lighting instructions are on back of door..I’ve yet to find that door! Please help. Thanks.

2. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

Your Sedona has a DSI furnace so there's no "lighting" it. Merely ensure the thermostat is on and set it to the desired temperature - if the furnace is getting gas and 12 vdc it will automatically light, assuming of course that it's operating properly. You can download an owner's manual here ...

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0273/4347/files/2008_owners_manual.pdf?13230720448029520186

3. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I'm not sure what your thermostat looks like as mine is four years older then yous. Mine has a little plastic knob at the top that you have to click over to turn on. (Not labeled well) This can be quite stiff and you may think you are going to break it. Once you get it on and adjust the temperature you should then hear the furnace try and turn on. It may take time if there is air in the lines. I find turning the stove on helps bleed out the air to help it along.

4. GreyFox

Most likely a simple bimetal thermostat like this.

[​IMG]

5. Poppy Jen

Poppy Jen New Member

Yes. It looks exactly like that. I did think I was going to break the switch if I pushed too hard. It’s very stiff. Thank you for your replies. I’m going to try it now. Will the heater run on propane alone or does it need electricity? I’m guessing it needs electricity but you never know. Thanks again.

6. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

It needs 12 volts to run the fan. So yea, ellecteic, but battery will do for a bit.

7. GreyFox

12 vdc is needed to also fire the DSI spark ignitor.

8. Poppy Jen

Poppy Jen New Member

I can hear the fan but the heater isn’t getting hot.

9. GreyFox

Presumably the furnace is getting gas? Have you purged the gas lines by lighting the stove first?

10. CoolCanuck

CoolCanuck Member

You should check the voltage going to the heater when the fan turns on. You may not have enough volts for it to ignite. That was one of my problems with my unit late last year.