2010 Coleman Evolution E3 Price

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by JPE3, Apr 17, 2018.

1. JPE3

JPE3 New Member

Apr 17, 2018
    Hello, I am finally fulfilling my dream of purchasing a 2010 Coleman Evolution E3. I was able to track down 5 for sale within a four hour drive from me. All are listed at $10,000-$11,500. The NADA guide is showing they are worth $6,995 on low end and $8,455 on the high (both of these prices are including the upgraded pricing for the optional AC United added. Could anyone help me with an idea of how much to offer? Are the NADA guides correct? I don’t want to get ripped purchasing something that isn’t worth what I purchase it for and I also don’t want to offend these private sellers with a offer price that is thousands less than their asking price. Please help!

2. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Macomb County Michigan
    I've seen that NADA guides are not very accurate for campers, at least not pop ups. A camper is worth what someone will pay for it. What someone will pay for it depends a lot on how and where it's used. For example, pop ups don't seem to be worth as much in the south as they are in the north maybe because they are harder to keep cool with AC. A pop up here in Michigan in January is worth half of what it is in May. The Evo that you're looking at would be worth more in areas where there is more off roading than in an area where the CGs are more developed. Lots of variables in the mix. The key is what is it worth to you?

I think that if there are 5 in the area, all priced within 10% of each other, then that's about what they go for there. What should you offer? Maybe start with 15% off of the asking price? That's often where I start when buying a car. It's usually not insultingly low (unless the ad says price is firm or something). Call each of the sellers and ask about reasons for selling as well as condition questions. That might give you clues (I dont want to sell but I have to because mama got herself locked up again....) as to how flexible on price they are.

3. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    Nada also does not take into consideration the season influence. In the spring and summer prices rise and fall and winter prices lower. In my area, I live in the city so costs are so much higher than the country. I found NADA to be about $1000 to $2000 less than average selling price where I live. However it also depends on why someone is selling like mentioned. If they are selling to upgrade to a TT I find many people raise the price hoping to help finance their next purchase, vrs we just can't afford to camp anymore any money is good.

4. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

May 21, 2015
    You have the facts. Offer whatever it's worth to you. I wouldn't worry about giving offense, just ask "Would you consider..." If they say "No" move on, if they give a counter offer consider it. If the price is really too high it will probably still be there a few days later if you decide to make a higher offer.

If possible look at them all before you make your final decision and pick the one in the best shape. Tell the seller you're going to look at another and may get back.