2017- 8th Annual Spring Virginia Pop up Rally

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by hvac1877, Aug 28, 2016.

Where to go?

Poll closed Oct 12, 2016.
  1. Pohick Bay Regional Park- northern va

37.5%
  2. Belle Isle State Park- eastern va

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Twin Lakes State Park- central va

12.5%
  4. Smith Mountian Lake State Park- western va

50.0%
  5. Stauton River State Park- southern va

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    Oh geeze didn't realize it was this weekend. Might get there Friday evening or Saturday. As I work up near the area.

2. MrsSquid

MrsSquid Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Virginia
    We went. It's always fun to browse. We stopped by the booth for the VA State Parks. They were giving out 10% off coupons. Yeah! There's another show in Richmond next month and one in Fredericksburg in March. We'll probably try to swing by one or both of those.

Husband's new job starts later this month and they're indicating a heavy work travel schedule. Hope to find out soon whether we'll be able to make the rally.

3. hvac1877

hvac1877 Old Dominion Iron Chefs Highland Springs, Va

Mar 10, 2008
    Highland Springs Va
    only 13 sites left in the campground!!!! book before they are gone.

4. hvac1877

Mar 10, 2008
    Highland Springs Va
    only 12 sites left. Since there is very low support for this rally i was trying to have 10 rallys then stop. This will be my last Virginia Rally. It does not make sense for me do all work and not have a good turn out. Thank you to everyone who has come to the last 7 Rallys i have hosted. It has been enjoyable meeting new people and make new life long friends!!!!!! See you in May.

5. hvac1877

Mar 10, 2008
    Highland Springs Va
    11 sites left for the LAST VIRGINIA POP-UP RALLY!!!!!

6. hvac1877

Mar 10, 2008
    Highland Springs Va
    Still have 11 sites left!!! People will be starting booking there camping weekends you don't want to miss the last Va Rally!!!

7. hvac1877

Mar 10, 2008
    Highland Springs Va
    Ok people there are 10 sites left for the last Virginia Rally I will host. So book now before it is full this is a popular park!!!!!

8. hvac1877

Mar 10, 2008
    Highland Springs Va
    ok only 8 sites left open before the park is full.

9. jldavis

jldavis New Member

Apr 23, 2014
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Finally able to make my reservation today. Since I am off on Thursdays and I live only an hour from the park, I am going down on Thursday. I may go home for a while on Friday for my sons soccer game. Looking forward to the rally. This will be my first rally.

10. hvac1877

Mar 10, 2008
    Highland Springs Va
    Great News!!!! Glad you will be able to camp. So far it is going to be a small rally but just meeting new people and camping is what its all about!!!!

11. MrsSquid

MrsSquid Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Virginia
    I just made our reservation for the rally. Now we really have incentive to finish our remodel. [;)]

12. MrsSquid

MrsSquid Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Virginia
    Grr....husband came home with new work travel schedule...I'll be cancelling our reservation on Monday.:(

13. jldavis

jldavis New Member

Apr 23, 2014
    Roanoke, Virginia
    I m looking forward to the rally. How does this work? I am guessing that sometime on Saturday we fix our food and then bring it to a designated area for a cover dish meal setting. Do we cook at our camp sites or do we cook at a shelter. I do not have a table to cook on, so I will be using the fire pit. How much food do you normally fix? I have two camp dutch ovens and a regular dutch oven that I can bring.

14. hvac1877

Mar 10, 2008
    Highland Springs Va
    We do a potluck dinner at my site. Just fix food for 4-6 people dish. Since this will be my last rally I will do a dessert. You can cook at your site and just bring it over when you are ready. It's pretty laid back.

15. jldavis

jldavis New Member

Apr 23, 2014
    Roanoke, Virginia
    "Since this will be my last rally I will do a dessert. "

Are you not planning anymore rallies or are you not going to attend anymore rallies?

I am looking forward to this camping trip. I plan to do very little on this trip. I don't know who from my family is going to come with me. They know I am not going to run everywhere. I plan to relax and enjoy cooking.

16. hvac1877

Mar 10, 2008
    Highland Springs Va
    I will not be hosting anymore Rallies. I go to them but not hosting.

17. hvac1877

Mar 10, 2008
    Highland Springs Va
    just a few weeks away!!! I cant wait to camp and relax!!!

18. jmkay1

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    I'm anxiously awaiting this trip myself, and finally going to bring my popup. Yay! Hoping the weather stays dry this weekend so I can get it ready.

hvac1877 likes this.
  19. jldavis

jldavis New Member

Apr 23, 2014
    Roanoke, Virginia
    I found out last night that I may not be able to camp this weekend. We are short on people to work and they don't have anyone to work for me. I am going to check again tonight to see if anything has changed. If I can not camp I would like to come down Saturday for the meal. I can come early to cook if there is a place I can set up to cook.

I will let you know what I find out tonight.

20. jmkay1

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    I look forward to this trip. My mom may be coming with me.
    jldavis : it will be a bummer if you can't go, but do understand work issues. You can cook at home and bring it or your welcome to cook at my site.