2017 Jayco pop up. :)

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by goincampin, May 10, 2017.

1. goincampin

goincampin New Member

May 1, 2017
    So after searching and searching for used....and not really finding much in our cash price range.....I think we are going to bite the bullet and buy new. :) 2017 jayco 10 ft box.....we gave up our wanted toilet and shower....but that pushes our weight limit a bit. All the extras a new one came with and still staying under 10k helped make our final decision. I am nervous and excited!

NMroamer likes this.
  2. Alan

Alan Active Member

Mar 18, 2017
    Reno, NV
    It is hard to find a nice used one that is for sure. Patience and constant looking on Craig's List did it for us. Good luck in your venture.

3. Dudman5703

Dudman5703 Jeep Guy

Apr 17, 2012
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Love ours! Got it 6/2016...
    My father got his 3/2017...
    We both love them. The water tank was a selling point for me, the warranty for her.

goincampin likes this.
  4. neighbormike

neighbormike Active Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    Congratulations! Now, get out there & enjoy it!!

goincampin likes this.
  5. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
    We looked at the larger 12 SC with the slide out but dollar for dollar and the cables for bed supports we liked the Coachman Clipper 1285 SST Classic better. The 2 compare in price, toys and thought he warrenty on the Jayco (and colors) are better, the box on the Clipper being able to slide out when the bunk is in place as well as the way the slide out was manufactured pushed us that way. Our decision to go with the 2012 was purely economical since the 2012 was almost identical (better color and price) we went that way.

If you decide on the Jayco enjoy it's well made and an excellent choice.

goincampin likes this.
  6. ny_rocking_chairs

ny_rocking_chairs Member

Jul 17, 2016
    Webster, NY
    We got our 1207UD fall of 2015 and love it, haven't had any issues with it and tows really well.

goincampin likes this.
  7. goincampin

goincampin New Member

May 1, 2017
    I am so glad to hear this. We really tore ourselves up trying to decide. I will be pulling it with a jeep also!!! Any pointers? We are going to be first time everything!

8. goincampin

goincampin New Member

May 1, 2017
    Thank you everyone! We pick it up on Saturday. We are nervous and excited. Because we decided to buy 1.5 hrs away rather than at the dealer right by us our drive home should be an adventure and good test of our skills.....yikes. Chicago traffic....sigh....

9. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    Congrats on your new camper, you will be fine towing it home.

goincampin likes this.
  10. Dudman5703

Dudman5703 Jeep Guy

Apr 17, 2012
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I would recommend wiring your Jeep for the electric brakes. My father has elected not to and after his first trip (couple of weekends) admits that it was heavier than he gave it credit for. You didn't mention which Jeep (year, engine) but with the 3.6l and all disk brakes (standard on a 2012) starting and stopping have been great. Got through some longer trips last year (8 hours or so) and it towed great.

FYI - I don't have a sway bar either. I seen that in your other post that you weren't sure about it. It tracks behind the Jeep fairly well.

11. goincampin

goincampin New Member

May 1, 2017
    Ok.....ours has trailer brakes and they will install the part that goes on my jeep. Saturday. I have a 2015 Sahara unlimited. The dealer said even loaded down our pop up would only be about 2100 max

12. Alan

Alan Active Member

Mar 18, 2017
    Reno, NV
  13. Dudman5703

Dudman5703 Jeep Guy

Apr 17, 2012
    Grand Rapids, MI
    You'll love it. I do the same thing - worry until I'm happy camping. Still haven't decided on this weekend :') You never updated your profile, but if ever in Michigan, we'd match greatly.

14. goincampin

goincampin New Member

May 1, 2017
    We are in N.W. Indiana and head to Southwest Michigan often for day trips but have never been camping there. I move up from Houston so am trying to find good spots. I keep seeing all these seasonal spots and that is rather to me☺

15. Dudman5703

Dudman5703 Jeep Guy

Apr 17, 2012
    Grand Rapids, MI
    We've been looking into southwest michigan a bit this year (we're typically north or east for the rally). haven't found much other than the coastal campgrounds. Are you looking private or state owned?

16. goincampin

goincampin New Member

May 1, 2017
    I was just looking for one that had an opening....lol. If you go in a bit from the coast there are some along the rivers. Still close enough to the beach if you want to go...kind of in the middle of wine country

17. goincampin

goincampin New Member

May 1, 2017
    Here it is. :)

Attached Files:

Dudman5703 likes this.