2017 Kick Off to Summer

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by Snow, May 24, 2016.

1. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontaio
    I would be remiss in my duties if I didn't mention this.. There is an alcohol ban in effect over this weekend.. So if you should decide to smuggle some adult type beverages, or products to produce yummy adult type beverages into the park, do so with due diligence and be wise with the when and where you consume them,, Cans while more expensive are quieter then bottles when loading or removing from fridge/cooler (sound travels through canvas easier then a hardside) .. Red Solo cups are a beacon saying "look at me" , Morning coffee cup is more inconspicuous ...

2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontaio
    I should also mention, that we'll probably be rolling in close to dark, so we might not get around to see/meet everyone until Saturday morning but if your fire is still going after we set up, we might stop by..

For those who need to fill their water tanks.. Last year the park installed 3 new water fill hoses straight in front of the guardhouse after you check in.. As of last year the old water fill at the dump station was still open, not sure if it still is..

3. tandt

tandt Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Thanks for the info looking forward to camping soon!

4. jman1200

jman1200 http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/jmanotas/

Nov 11, 2013
    Don't know what you are talking about... but if I knew, here is some advice.
    Keep the cooler inside your trailer or vehicle, yogi can't search there.

5. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontaio
    I keep most of our drinks in the fridge, and ice in the freezer... :p

So just an quick update, not that it is really needed, but there are a few new members to the Portal from Ontario who might want to going in if they are able..

Gunn Point has 11 non reservable electric sites
    Holmes Bay has 12 non reservable electric sites
    Lime Kiln has 13 non reservable electric sites and 1 non electric Reservable site

In case anyone missed it, here is the link Wrench supplied in another post for a great deal on firewood in the area.. You can also find a number of places directly to the South of the park selling bundles ..

http://www.popupportal.com/threads/firewood-for-kick-off-to-summer-2017.111520/

Can't wait to see everyone again, safe travels all ..

6. chuss

chuss New Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Thanks for the all the thoughtful advice, everyone.
    I'm really excited This is my first trip in 2017 and first time in Iverhuron... I'm DA newby.
    I'm finishing my painting right now, after pretty much doing all the girly mods PopUpPrincess inspired and more...
    I'm still caught in decisions like 1 or 2 layers of prime? [Guitar]
    Lord I hope I'm ready for Friday!!!

7. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontaio
    Looks like we'll have a pretty decent weekend, only a 60% chance of rain on Sunday..

upload_2017-5-15_23-28-41.png

chuss likes this.
  8. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontaio
    Posting this incase anyone was interested in exploring the surrounding area.. I'm sure most have already Google Mapped it but here it is anyways...

upload_2017-5-15_23-35-17.png

Kincardine is to the South, Route 23 will take you close, but not quite along the water..

To the North up 21 is MacGregor PP (your vehicle pass will allow you to enter if anyone wants to scout a future trip) and just up from Mac is the small town of Port Elgin with full array of shopping.. A little further North is Southhampton a very nice community with a great water front park area..

9. jacrabbitt

jacrabbitt Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Michigan
    I love Canada.....I'm not liken enhanced license....45 bucks.I think this is a money maker.not for Ontario either..maybe I'll just buy one N stay. I truly miss Canada. Concicon, Picton, Cayahoga, Wellington.....great folks...miss all my buds@ Legion Branches. I'd always look for the sign. Friends Hydro haven't heard that in a long time. Firemen.toonies in the boot

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  10. tandt

tandt Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Only 3 more sleeps [:D][CF]

11. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontaio
    Two more sleeps and 3 more works in my case...

Just found out that some friends of ours are going to be camping at site 150 in Lime Kiln with their new beagle fur baby.. Nice Newfie family..

12. tandt

tandt Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Awesome! Sounds like the park will be busy this weekend! I can't wait for Friday [CP]
    We will likely be arriving between 9-10pm hopefully it's easy to find your way around......do they leave copies of the paper with the map out for people? And how early do we need to register in the morning?

13. jman1200

Nov 11, 2013
    Plan to be there around 7:30 pm....

14. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Active Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Muskoka, Ontario
    I hope to arrive by 5. Pop by my site--160--if you're arriving early too!

15. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Active Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Muskoka, Ontario
    ...or if you arrive late' too! :D

16. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontaio
    Not too sure as to what time the office will open Sat. morning... Might be wise to call them and let them know you,ll be arriving late ...

17. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontaio
    Well now looks like Sunday might be a bit wet but the rest of the weekend looks great..

upload_2017-5-17_21-27-7.png

18. jman1200

Nov 11, 2013
    If anyone is interested, Coleman 8x10' RV Mats are on sale at Costco for $28.99.

19. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Active Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Muskoka, Ontario
    So...
    Couldn't pack/load up yesterday as planned...
    Just leaving home now. Should be there shortly after 8.

20. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Active Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Best laid plans ...
    ...arrived 9ish

ccptbo likes this.