2018 - 2nd Annual CT Rally July 13-15

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by stefie19, Oct 4, 2017.

1. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Franklin, MA
    Charlotte had a Golem impression that was both funny and terrifying. The thing is... she's skinny and flexible. So when she bends herself into some unnatural position, it's unnerving.

Strawhouse likes this.
  2. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Active Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Absolutely!:D
    You mean they don’t already know?:rolleyes:

3. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Active Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Muskoka, Ontario
    I have arrived. My site is still occupied, but the very hospitable hosts—sadly they’re off duty beginning tomorrow—have allowed me to park on site 7 until my site is avail. I’m sure the next occupants won’t mind...eh, Jeff/Steph/Jake?

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Franklin, MA
    It's a long list, Pat!

Glad you arrived safe and sound. I'm quite jealous. If I arrive on Thursday evening and turtle, I won't be able to bring the Tiramisu. So I'm going to stick with my original plan and arrive on Friday around 2-ish.

5. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Connecticut
    It's only a 45 minute ride back to get the tiramisu....just sayin'. But if you don't want to spend the extra night with your nearest and dearest camping friends, well I guess we'll all understand...

Strawhouse likes this.
  6. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Franklin, MA
    Wow, Steph. Just wow. You really know how to hit a guy where it hurts.

PS. I just looked. nothing that can handle my trailer is available tomorrow night. Only non-electric 25 foot sites. Mine's 27ft closed without the tongue.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  7. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Active Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Too bad:(
    *cough* overachiever *cough*

jnc likes this.
  8. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Franklin, MA
    I'll be planning the extra days next year.

Yup 27 feet

Strawhouse likes this.
  9. Jroo

Jroo New Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Jimmy, any chance of getting here earlier? Mike and I were thinking of doing the brewery tour on Friday afternoon since treehouse will be PACKED on a saturday...

Thoughts?

10. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Franklin, MA
    I could be there at noon, but can't check in until 2.
    Is that early enough?

11. Jroo

Jroo New Member

Aug 20, 2016
    They have been letting people in earlier than the 2pm so I would say yes. Meet and greet is at 6:30 so if we left by 2 that would work. Treehouse opens at noon but the others do not till 2.

12. BigTap

BigTap Active Member

Feb 22, 2018
    Worcester Area, MA
    Well after camping for a week and a half in a tent over the week of the 4th. I was working my behind off to get ready for this trip. But alas i had to cancel my reservations so i can work on the pup to try and get it done for my last planed trip of the year. Im sorry to have to bail last minute but i was over confident in the amount of time i would have to get my pup ready for the season. The late snow really set me back in the early goings. Have fun everyone :(

13. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Franklin, MA
    Leaving the house now

14. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Connecticut
    Bummer! We were looking forward to welcoming a new member to group! I’d suggest The Maine rally but i think the campground is booked and it’s only 3 weeks from now. There is a rally at the end of Sept that’s always a great one to attend in Vermont. Most of the group that goes to CT also attend that one if you can get the camper squared away by then.

15. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Northwestern New Jersey
    Sorry I had to miss this rally. Stefie does one hell of a job with a rally.
    Who will I see at the Vermont fall rally?

16. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    Yes a big hand goes out to Stefie for a great job....... Thank You

17. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Connecticut
    Thanks everyone for a great rally. It really was a perfect weekend to get together and see our camping friends! I hope everyone had a good time, weren't too bothered by the boats on the lake, and will join us again next year. I'd love everyone's feedback about the weekend. Likes, dislikes, things I better continue doing or you'll never come again. You know, the good the bad and the ugly. [LOL]

Originally we were planning to stay until tomorrow morning but I got back from picking Jake up from his sleepover and Jeff had most of camp broken down and packed up. I took the hint and we came home today. I'm looking forward to enjoying a vacation day from my vacation tomorrow!

18. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    I wish the rallies had a bulletin or notice board at the campground. Stuff like who is where, what time and where meet and greet or potluck will be etc. But not really a big deal to me. Thanks again.

19. swordfish

swordfish Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2010
    Ditto Ray. What also works is to put all the info in post 1.
    Likes: I especially appreciate folks coming from far away places. Great gathering for all the friends. Good food and campfire. Impressive truck talks between Jimmy and Kevin, but I am as confused as before.
    Dislikes: mosquitoes (nothing works).
    And Tom, I kept going to site 18 to say hi to you, but could not find you or anyone for that matter. I remember reading that you could not make it but wasn't sure.
    We will be in Vermont.
    We are getting a "dog blinder" called thunderCap, to try on Moose so he won't be so annoying.

Attached Files:

20. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Active Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Arrived home safely a few minutes ago. Almost exactly 12 hrs campground-to-door.
    Thanks for yet another great rally! Great people, fabulous food, lots of laughter...what more can you ask for? ...and the Yankee Swap! Totally unnecessary, but lots of fun and much appreciated. Improvements? Finish your courses, Steph, so you have more time to spend with the rest of us!

Great idea re editing the first post of the rally thread to summarize specific details of the rally as they unfold—including the link to the ‘official’ spreadsheet.