2018 PA Spring Rally

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by phager76, Oct 1, 2017.

What dates should we hold the Rally?

Poll closed Oct 9, 2017.
  1. 4/6 - 4/8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 4/13 - 4/15 (Friday the 13th Muhahaha)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 4/27 - 4/29

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. 5/4 - 5/6 (Cinco De Mayo, Ole!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. phager76

phager76 Active Member

Having just gotten home from an awesome Fall Rally put on by @crosbys2008 , and having a car full of sullen children sad that they wont be able to see their friends until next summer at @vagov 's rally. I got to thinking. Seeing as we have Rob to close out the camping season, and John keeps the party going throughout the summer, someone has to kick off the camping the season, so that's where I come in!

I'm thinking we can hold it at Raccoon Creek State Park, their pet loop is not bad at all, and site F10 is a perfect rally site (The driveway is dinky, but the space behind it is huge for plenty of easy ups and hanging out). The big question is what date should we hold it and who all is in? So let me know that you're in, and what date you'd perfer (The weekend of the 21st is out, since John has a DOG rally going on there, and I don't want to step on any toes!), so I've got a range of dates in April and the beginning of May.

Dani likes this.
  2. Dusty road

Dusty road Active Member

We're in Pat. Our calendar is wide open right now but Rendi's thinking (hoping) it'll be a few degrees warmer in may.

phager76 likes this.
  3. phager76

phager76 Active Member

Yeah, I figure it should be a bit warmer in May, that's why I threw it in there. It also gives a weekend between John's DOG and the rally, which is good too. Although I can't lie, Friday the 13th has a certain appeal for me too :D

Three more people to make it official! Oh, and I'm withholding my vote in the event of a tie.

Dusty road likes this.
  4. dshiring

dshiring New Member

We should most definitely be available for any weekend. Let me talk to the boss and see what weekend she will recommend and I will post my vote. LOL. I'm awful at remembering things. Please give me a nudge if I don't vote in the next week or so.

phager76 likes this.
  5. phager76

phager76 Active Member

Will Do! Except I tend to get a bit absent minded myself :grin:

crosbys2008 likes this.
  6. Salandrew

Salandrew Active Member

We will pick the last weekend in April. That should give us enough time to get the camper out of storage and inspected. Excited about another summer camping!!!

crosbys2008 and phager76 like this.
  7. phager76

phager76 Active Member

8. crosbys2008

crosbys2008 Active Member

We're in depending on the date, i voted for the 27th for 2 reasons. 1 - if i have the camper in storage and I'd like some time to get it. 2 - I work every other weekend and that weekend is my weekend off.

Salandrew and phager76 like this.
  9. phager76

phager76 Active Member

Well, fortunately the 27th is in the lead! The weather ought to be starting to get nice around that time.

No matter what, it's going to be a hell of a good time!

Salandrew likes this.
  10. Novarich

Novarich Active Member

I'm in. Nothing on my calendar.

Salandrew likes this.
  11. HookingWings

HookingWings New Member

At this point, we're open for any of the listed weekends. Later is better in my mind for nicer weather, but 27 - 29 is fine. Looking forward to it!

Ferd & Janet

Salandrew likes this.
  12. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

since i am only 30 miles from Raccoon, tentitively count me in . even thou i am suppossed to discuss these matters before hand with Kath. guess she will be finding out soon hehe

phager76 and Salandrew like this.
  13. Dusty road

Dusty road Active Member

Maybe I'm reading the reservations page wrong but I see only 5 electric sites available in the F loop for the week-end of the 27th.

14. Dusty road

Dusty road Active Member

Okay, I took the length restriction of of the reservation and got more but there's a lot of short sites in the F loop.

15. phager76

phager76 Active Member

That is a downside of Raccoon Creek, a lit of the sites are listed on the short side. For reference, however, I got the Utah and Excursion on to F10 with no issues and that's listed as a 10 or 15 foot site.

If (When) I go dark side next year, I won't be able to fit there, but there's plenty of room for even a large PUP at any of the F sites.

16. phager76

phager76 Active Member

Bringing this back up on everyone's radar! Looks like the 27th is becoming the clear winner, so I think I'll keep the poll going till the end of the week, and then settle on the winner. I've already got raffle prizes in my Amazon wish list!

As a side note, as you all know, we're planning on going gray/darkside next season, and we're thinking of something along these lines:
    [​IMG]
    A Rockwood Roo 21ssl! It's not the bunkhouse we've been thinking of, but it covers the toy hauler aspect quite nicely, and with the super slide it looks to be plenty roomy inside. Plenty of room for the scooter, as well as the kids bikes and coolers and stuff on the front deck.

17. Dusty road

Dusty road Active Member

Nice option, pat!

18. Salandrew

Salandrew Active Member

Nice! Andy said to watch the tongue weight with that bed on the front...

phager76 likes this.
  19. Salandrew

Salandrew Active Member

I made my reservation... we are on site F31... coming in Friday and leaving Sunday! So excited to have our first trip of 2018 scheduled...

phager76 likes this.
  20. phager76

phager76 Active Member

Well, I guess Salandrew finalized the dates for us LOL ! We're booked in F28 Thursday through Sunday! Three more and we're official!

And yeah, tongue weight could become an issues on the TH. I intend to keep motorized crap towards the back closer to the axles while ligher stuff can be loaded up front. We'll see how well that works out in practice!