Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by Snow, Oct 3, 2018.
Hey hey! 415 would be cool! I'm hoping to get 412 when the window opens up.
My first choice would be 413
Just curious, if any of you noticed that a bunch of sites in the loop have poison ivy for the ground cover..
Yes I did notice that about the poison ivy. I saw that a few months ago when I was trying to pick a site.
Hey Pat, I kinda already picked 413 a couple pages back...
Pretty much the whole park warns about poison ivy. We've never had a problem the 3 times we were there.
Oops! I had put 413 in my calendar as my 1st choice when the loop was decided. Had a couple of others as options. Guess I’ll have to go back over the thread to see which sites are left.
.....So I’m gong with Site 407. I don’t think anyone has claimed it yet.
I agree. All the sites we've ever had in Roe, have always had poison ivy....kids just don't go trekking through the forest.
Ok....just went through all the pages and thought I'd make a quick reference to what sites members prefer. And in all fairness...this all depends on if someone else gets them first (non-rally member)....so good luck to us all!
us - 405
Pat - 407
Sparky - 413
Wrench - 412
Snow - 403 or 420
algonquingirl - ?
scrt - 406, 408, or 410...will let me know.
Any site in the loop from 413 up.. Not a concern for most, but with two dogs.. Will have to look some more.. I do have a fall back site...
So I guess that booking for this starts in 2 weeks (+/- a day or 2 depending on when you're going in). Mel gathered up a bit of a list, but we should try and firm up on a couple more people's preferred sites. I have decided on 2 back up sites (411, 409, neither of which have been spoken for yet)) in case mine is not available for the rally weekend, so hopefully I can getting something that I want. If someone else wants either of those 2 sites as their preferred sites, thats fine, got for it, but we need to know so that people's back up plans can be put into effect if problems arise during booking.
My backup site is my usual one a few loops over..
Preferred site.. think its 403 or or 420 .. right at the enterence to the loop
So where is the list ?
I believe it's post number 89 above. It's was edited this morning.
Way up there.. geeeeeees...
us - whatever is available!
Pat - whatever
Sparky - 413
Wrench - 412
Snow - whatever
algonquingirl - ?
scrt - whatever
So...if we’re going dibs...my first choice was 413, but I at the time I thought we were going FCFS. My 2nd (407), 3rd (405), 4th (406) are already booked. So I’m going with 409.
I hesitate to list a 2nd choice, since we’ll have so much overlap...
.Let me post this here.. This rally and all the rallies we have done in the past have all been FCFS for sites. Yes people have in the past called dibs on sites, but nothing is guaranteed. Even at the very first rally I said I would prefer a certain site if possible due to our trailer size. Even in the following years at the same campground, same loop, I always stated "if it was available, I would take the same site" most others have done the same, stated they would take site XX if it were available.
No idea where folks got the idea of calling dibs. So "calling dibs" from this point in time forward is done.. not happening.. If you prefer a certain site, sure post it, but it is FCFS. If your going to post a prefered site, it is A site.. not 2,3 or 4.. it is A single site number. You want a certain site, then you better be up and be ready to book when the window opens..
Not sure if that is directed specifically at me or not. I have mentioned a certain site I'm interested in for a few reasons.
1) it would certainly suck if no one here mentioned the site they wanted, and for weeks of posting and talking before the reservations start, no one knows what anyone else wants to do. Then the window opens up, and 6 different Portal members are all trying to get the same site. You know how competitive booking can get at 7AM, so the rest of the world starts snapping up all the other sites on the loop, and we all wind up getting nothing. I would rather fight against 3 other people who are non-rally members, knowing that Pat or Jeff are doing the same, and we aren't all fighting to get the same one, as the rest of the loop gets sold off.
2) If I have my site ready to go, and miss out on it, I need to go to my back up site. If my back up site happens to be a Rally Member's first choice, I don't want to take it on them, thats the kind of guy I am. I'd like to know their first choice so I can make alternate plans for a different back up site. If someone wants my back up site as their first choice, thats fine, go for it, I will go to plan 'C'. I mentioned that in post #91 above. I also spent yesterday afternoon, (because I'm out of work and have time on my hands), looking at sites on other loops/roads in case we all decide to move elsewhere in the park, but I haven't listed them yet.
3) Seems I'm one of the last few people on here that actually still have a Pup, lots of people moving over to bigger ones. Bigger ones = need bigger site. I try to look around at different sites and if it looks like there is a bigger site, I will leave that one for one of the bigger trailers. If I post my site number, and some one with a big trailer was hoping to get that one so it would be easier to navigate and park on it, all they need to do is ask me if they could have it, and I'd say 'sure'. I hope you all know me well enough by now that I would do that for others here. The site I picked says it has sun on it, I picked that for my wife.
4) Lastly, but most importantly this year, I'm trying to work with Mel a little bit to be close to her and Greg. I'm in the wedding party as such, and it might make planning things go smoother if we were located close to each other. At first we were going to be quite far away, but now that her preferred site has been taken by a non rally member, we're trying to make things work out a little. Same is said for Sparky.
If my preferred site goes before I can get it, and it goes to a Portal member, then so be it. As has been said, FCFS, and I'm ok with that, but I think if we all know everyone else's plans, it will allow the greatest amount of Rally Members to be in close proximity.