2019 Kick off To Summer Rally.

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by Snow, Dec 17, 2018.

2019 KoTS Rally location ..

Poll closed Dec 31, 2018.
  1. Canisbay (Algonquin Park)

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Grundy P.P.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Restoule P.P.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

The park is open for day use as of Mid-April; so the office will be open, but the official checkin time is 2pm. There’s a good chance that they’ll let us check in early, since it’s the first day the campground is open. I hope to arrive early as well—it’s only about 1hr 45min from my place. If I can’t check in, I’ll probably just explore the beach and have lunch. :cool:
    I’m hoping that enough snow melts this week for me to be able to pull my Aliner out sometime next week.

2. algonquingirl

algonquingirl Active Member

Ya you guys still have a lot of it! We're sitting out here in the sun [:D]

As long as I can set up my laptop and send of my passenger lists to the weekend volunteers I'm good :)

3. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

I'm hoping to arrive in the afternoon sometime before 5p.m... The plan right now is to bring Lorraine's car South the week before and leave the truck at home, this way she can get the DS to help her hitch it up in the morning and when I get home the hope is we are ready to roll south again very quickly.. it's should only be a bit over an hours drive to get to the park.

4. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

When I came down last Thursday (a day early) we still had about 2=3 ft of snow in the unplowed/blown snow parts of the lawn.. Plowed areas were down to grass (if you want to call it that) and the blown snow areas ...well .. might be gone by May 2-4 ...

5. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

Is the Friday opening day??

6. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Yup..

7. algonquingirl

Having never camped at Restoule before, how far away should i expect my power source to be? My trailer comes with a 30ft cord but I'm trying to see if I need a longer one

8. Strawhouse

Hey! I’m anxious to get my trailer out and organized as well. Just receive 2 more baggage doors—one for rear psgr side(under bed) and the other front driver’s side(under bench seat).
    Looks like you’ll need more cord. It shows the distance to outlet as 19m. However, you will need more. It looks like there must be shared posts are located btwn adjacent sites. Snow could likely shed more light on this.
    94B71215-AA06-477B-8207-053DDB79B1D6.jpeg

9. algonquingirl

I get my trailer on Monday....so I'm super excited :D. I know that it comes with the 30ft but saw the 19m so I thought I would likely need one...I just need to figure out how much it will cost.

10. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

I'll look at it better later.. but yes you'll want/need more cord.. best if you can get a 30amp extension cord .

If you watch Princess Auto they often have them on sale..

We carry 2x25ft and 1x50ft and have used it all a couple times. .

11. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

If you don't want to buy one right now, (because they are pretty expensive), I have a few suggestions. First, a new one from a RV place will be somewhere around $60-$70 + tax for a 25 foot, 30 amp cord. A 50 ft will be over $100. Check out kijiji for one, there are a few on there right now. You should get a used one 25 ft for around $40. I could also drop one of mine off at Pat's place this coming week when I pass her place heading up to my mom's. You could get it from her at KoTS and use it, then I can get it back from her or you at the summer rally. It's up to you what you would like to do.

12. algonquingirl

I sent an email to my trailer dealership, asking what length came with my trailer kinda giving a hint that if he could swap a 50 ft for a 30 ft kinda deal. He likes me and is almost like my bestie with the amount of personal crap he tells me LOL. Restoule also has 15 amp service and I have a 100ft 15 amp cord that I could get an adapter for. My question is, how much could I run off of that and is that bad fo my trailer?

13. Wrenchgear

AS long as you use the furnace in the Pup, as compared to using an electric heater, you will be ok on a 15 amp cord. The 100 ft cord should be at least a #12 gauge. You should be able to run everything off that.

14. algonquingirl

I'm guessing then that heated mattresses at night are out of the question.

15. Wrenchgear

Not sure if it would do heated mattresses. I have heated ones as well, but have never used them, not even sure if ours work. It would be good to find how much a mattress draws for power. You could look on the tag of the mattress to see if its listed there. I just looked through all the paper work of mine, but it doesn't have the power requirements. There is a number you could call, Flair interiors @ 219 534 2163 and maybe they could tell you what you need for the mattresses. Thinking back now, my pup came from the factory with a #14 gauge (15 amp) power cord. That would've been enough to power my mattresses, so it should be enough to do yours, all things being equal. I changed my power cord over to a #12 because I put a much longer one on there, and also for added electrical demand of things being put in the Pup.

16. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

Jenn,

Keep in mind that if you wanted to use your 30amp for everything...furnace and heated mattresses, and even if you do in fact get your friend to switch it out for a 50ft, you are still going to be short. If you site says 19m, that's 62ft. And I would give yourself leeway for 65ft. So, if you plan to have this trailer for a long time, invest in one. Or as Wrench said, look on Kijiji and make sure it works! lol I would, personally, buy new for an extension cord....personal preferences maybe. But you just never know. I will have a look on the Home Hardware, TSC, Princess Auto and CTC flyers, as we are looking for an extra 25ft'er. I will let you know if I find anything.

M.

17. algonquingirl

Ya I keep looking. I know I need one so I’m constantly checking different stores and online.

ccptbo likes this.
  18. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

Didn't see anything at TSC or Princess Auto.

19. algonquingirl

Walmart has the best price so far of $50 for a 25 ft one. Is the 19m from the middle of the campsite or from roughly where a trailer may park?

20. Strawhouse

I would strongly recommend that you get a 50ft cord, since it will give you some slack. The additional length will likely be needed at future campsites.

ccptbo likes this.