2019 NC-VA 2 State Dutch Oven Gathering

Discussion in 'Dutch Oven Cooking' started by hvac1877, Dec 19, 2018.

1. hvac1877

hvac1877 Old Dominion Iron Chefs Highland Springs, Va

That time of years start planning your 2019 camping trips!!!! Come join us!!!!!!

The NC-VA 2 State DOG will be March 29-30 2019 Jordan Lake Rec Area. The DOG will be at Seaforth Shelter #9 and camping at Parkers Creek in loop 2 and overflow loop 1. Friday night we will have a weary travelers dinner for those arriving late so bring a dish to share 6 pm at site 70. Set up for breakfast, 8:30 - 9 am, at the shelter. Nothing formal, just sharing grub and coffee. Cowboy Cast Iron Buffet at 4 pm. Then stuff yourself stupid! Remember to wear pants that stretch, lol! Raffle and door prizes along with group photo at 5.

jmkay1, neighbormike and PopUpSteve like this.
  2. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I was just thinking this would be popping up soon.
    Going to make reservations soon, just hope for better weather.

3. hvac1877

you did not like the sideways rain? LOL!!!! Yea we hope for better too!!!!! Hope to see you! The Virginia group is getting together at Lake Anna March 1 for our chapter DOG. A bit closer for you.

jmkay1 likes this.
  4. hvac1877

Still got campsites left! Hope you can come and join us! Lots of great food and make new friends

5. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

It appears I just managed to reserve in the nick of time. Unfortunately I’m probably going to have to pull in on Saturday morning as there is no way my boss is letting me leave work early on month end. Bummer! I’m on site 72 and reserved through Monday. Let’s hope for better weather. Been watching a number of YouTube videos for Dutch oven meals so hopefully can pin down the meal I want to make.