3-way fridge 110v no longer working

Discussion in 'Refrigerators and Coolers' started by John Rock, Jul 10, 2018.

1. John Rock

John Rock Member

Apr 16, 2018
    Quebec
    Hi,

Before my first week-long trip with the new to me pup, I plugged it in for 2 days before my trip and I'm positive it was cool when we left.

Once at the campground, it had lost it's cool and it never got cool again until I tried using the propane mode, which works great. Also, note that when we arrived at the camp, I noticed a few hours later that the GFI outlet had tripped... not sure why or when that happened.

Any was, now I'm back home and I plugged it in last night, almost 24 hours ago, it has not cooled.

Can someone walk me through troubleshooting this?

Thanks!

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    Test the outlet it's plugged into to check for power? Or do you k ow it's the frige allready? Easier to start with ideas after the simple stuff is ruled out.

3. Jean-Pierre Tanguay

Jean-Pierre Tanguay Member

Feb 18, 2018
    Quebec, Canada
    I had reset the GFI outlet at the campground, but this didn't resolve the fridge issue. Someone mentioned that the fridge is probably not on the same circuit as the outlet. Not sure how to check if the fridge is getting power or not.

4. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    Plug a lamp or other 110 VAC item in the outlet box in the refrigerator outside compartment.

5. Sjm9911

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    What kind of camper? In mine the plug is visible from the outside door where I switch it over. Some might be able to help, if they know what camper, make model year

6. Jean-Pierre Tanguay

Feb 18, 2018
    Quebec, Canada
    Do you mean that the fridge is plugged into an outlet, where there's also the gas control?

7. Sjm9911

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    In mine yes.

8. Jean-Pierre Tanguay

Feb 18, 2018
    Quebec, Canada
    It's a Pony 2100 and where right, there's a plug in the upper left side that I had not noticed. I checked the fridge just now and it now cooler at last going from 32 to 22 celsius overnight, about 36 hours after starting it. So it looks like it does nothing for 24h, then starts to cool.

Is this normal? If so, is it realistic to use the fridge in electric mode when your just going for a weekend or moving sites every 3 days or so? Seems like propane mode is the only realistic way of keeping things cool thanks to quicker cooling times... Perhaps a few hours...

9. Jean-Pierre Tanguay

Feb 18, 2018
    Quebec, Canada
    Grrrrr it's back at 30 celcius again! Is it only cooling at night thanks to cooler outside temps?

I checked and power IS going to the outlet where the fridge is plugged in

10. Merlin14

Merlin14 Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Watch this video (link below) and others on his channel. It will help you much.