3rd Annual 2018 Northeast PA Rally

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by shelmily, Jul 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Franklin, MA
    Wow. You've been busy! Did you catch any of The 6 hours of Watkins Glen?

You may have in intermittent short OR... What model is your converter? If it's a 30A converter, it will easily blow a 20A fuse charging a discharged battery. If it's a 30A converter, replace the fuse with a 30A fuse. There's a 30A at the battery and it's 10 gauge wire. The wiring is rated for a 30A.
    Even if the campground power is shoddy, it shouldn't cause problems on the 12V side of a modern converter. We can have a more thorough peek at it at the next rally if you can wait that long.

Glad to have you in the Hollow. See you then.

2. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Glad you guys had a good rest of your trip, and a safe return. I am also glad to see you came to your senses and moved to the north loop. See you two in VT!

Strawhouse likes this.
  3. C. VanHart

C. VanHart Getting back to it,

Jan 19, 2017
    We're headed out this weekend so I'll take a look when it's opened up and unlike last time I'll actually take my meter. Thanks

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Franklin, MA
    It's that bottom fuse. We replaced it with the yellow 20A. If it's the 20A that blown, replace it with a 30A.
    Normally replacing a blown fuse with a larger one is not recommended, but we know that the rest of the circuit is capable of supporting 30A without problems.

5. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Northeast Pennsylvania