4 mile state park 2019 rally

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by vagov, Jul 18, 2018.

date poll for 4 mile creek state park rally

Poll closed Sep 1, 2018.
  1. june 28-30

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. july 4-7

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. july 12-14

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

wanted to come up a few days early, however do to my wife,s conflicting work schedule, I will be now arriving Thursday July 11 (instead of Tuesday July 9) hoping for a early check in. . and will be staying until Sunday July 14th. then heading to Letchworth SP,for 2 days before making my way back home. so those arriving Tuesday and weds will have to start the party without me until I get there. all plans for the rally still in great shape with Friday night mountain pie cookoff, and Saturday potluck dinner. just wondering if anybody knows of a good place to get local firewood as there seems to be a strict restriction on bringing it in ... cant wait to see new and old friends!

2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

When we stayed there we bought from the park.. I have gone with a friend for a drive around the Love Canal area and picked up dead falls.. Wood burned great with a slight greenish tinge.. lol

Sjm9911, Strawhouse and Dusty road like this.
  3. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Active Member

Ok, I need to ask, what does the mountain pie cook off entail?

4. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

we can keep it pretty informal, figured since we will be enjoying each others company during our meet and greet, why not bring out the pie irons, then we can determine who makes the best mountain pie. no big prize, more bragging rights = priceless

Salandrew likes this.
  5. Dusty road

Dusty road Active Member

Are we judging the first or second pie? Because I always burn the first one!

6. Dusty road

Dusty road Active Member

Nice historic reference! Not sure the young people get it though.

7. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Probably not... actually your camping in a very historic area.. from the war of 1812, to the whole weapons manufacturing of both World Wars and the role played in the developement of the nuclear bomb, to the various chemical dumps and the really large fenced area under control of the DND..

Sjm9911 likes this.
  8. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

I say the second pie, as i myself tend to burn the first one also.

9. daveo1289

daveo1289 Active Member

This is for the firewood issue. There are a number of people near the campground who sell firewood. East of the park on RT 18, there are two spots that have firewood for sale. It was priced at 3 bundles for $10. There were more vendors through out the area but that's where I got mine. Last year, the campstore was not open. If need be, ask at the check-in building. The people there are locals and will know a lot about things.
    Unfortunately, I won't be attending the rally. That's the weekend we'll be in Maine. But I will be at the park in early June and if anyone has questions, I can check things out. After my June trip, I'll post some of the things that have changed since my trip last year. Our group is actually going to be in the area the rally is being held so if you have a question about your site, just let me know and I'll followup for you.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  10. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

thanks dave...
    thanks dave

Sjm9911 likes this.
  11. Dusty road

Dusty road Active Member

55 days until the rally! We're going to follow RT 219 out of Buffalo and stop at a couple other state parks before we head home. Allegany state park Quaker area in NY and Parker Dam state park in PA. We've stayed at Parker before but haven't been to Allegany yet. Aside from Fort Niagara and Niagara falls, we haven't planned anything else yet. We don't have our passports so I pray we don't get in a wrong lane!

Sjm9911 likes this.
  12. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

I'll have to pratice my pie iron techniques. Additionally, i might wanter across into canada. Does anyone know if we still need that insurance card thing? I faintly remember needing to get something for the car so it was leagal in canada? And if Dusty didnt bring it up , i wouldn't have remembered.

13. Salandrew

Salandrew Active Member

We are thinking of going to the US side of Niagara falls, the Strong Museum of play in Rochester, and not sure what else. We are going up Wednesday so we might just take the other day to chill out and enjoy the lake.

Sjm9911 and crosbys2008 like this.
  14. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

I plan on making the US side of niagra falls on a Saturday morning. Maybe we can go together as a group of you like, or just see you there. Not planning on venturing into Canada, but bringing my passports just in case

Salandrew and Sjm9911 like this.
  15. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Im in for whatever. The strong museum looks interesting.

16. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Active Member

Woohoo! Can't wait! Just yesterday we were talking about what we wanted to bring to the pot luck. Decision's decision's. Though I think I'm going to make sure my ds (the pastry chef) bakes for the occasion.

Strong Museum is alot of fun! It has something for all ages. The butterfly garden is fabulous but there is an extra charge. My favorite exhibit is the toys hall of fame.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  17. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

a pastry chef..... sounds absolutely great! since the subject was brought up. guess it,s a good time as any to start the potluck menu. I will bring dutch oven pulled pork sandwiches, and probally a pinapple dutch oven cake or two.

Salandrew and Sjm9911 like this.
  18. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

Yes! I’d join in!

Sjm9911 likes this.
  19. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Pat you are a rally machine..lol

20. Dusty road

Dusty road Active Member

We're going to make a batch of Honey Buffalo meatballs in the dutch oven and probably a dessert of some kind.

Salandrew likes this.