5 years pup owner and still make sputs

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by jmkay1, Jul 17, 2017.

1. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    Go to visit family at one of our favorite campgrounds. I selected the only site right across from them. Set up was a huge challenge as the hill was rediculous for a campsite. Anyway after setting most everything up except for the water I went over to spend time with the family and go out to eat. Get back to set up the water at 11:30 at night but make a classic mistake of not ensuring the faucet was turned off and pointed correctly in the sink before turning the water on at the source. Ugh standing water behind the sink and floor. I soaked every towel I brought mopping up the mess. The next morning I opened all the cabinets and had a fan blowing. Sput #2 I lost my cassette tank's cap down the sewer. I'm a five year pup owner and I still make sputs. Kicking myself now, but as my dad said, "I bet you won't make that one again".

2. JPBar

JPBar Active Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    Hope you have an extra cap, those things are $25 bucks each!! Have not lost one yet, but I do remove the cap and leave it in the bed of truck while dumping and cleaning the tank.

We all make a SPUT every now and then no matter how long we have been doing this.

3. DigitalGuru

DigitalGuru Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Michigan
    I've done similar to the water one. Turned on the water pump before checking ALL the knobs. The shower handle was on, and soaked some gear that was in the stall during transportation. As for the cassette cap, now I'm nervous! $25 for replacement, gah!

4. DigitalGuru

DigitalGuru Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Michigan
    Ha! I forgot, another water pump one was the outside shower handles were open. I heard it first and couldn't figure out what it was. No issue with that, just trying to find my keys to open the handle door and getting soaked as soon as I open it.