86 jayco bed support poles

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by chrisarrick, Oct 12, 2017.

1. chrisarrick

chrisarrick Member

Oct 10, 2017
    North Central Indiana
    I hope I'm not wearing out my welcome here. my recently purchased 86 jayco J 1008 did not come with support poles for the slideouts. I'm having trouble finding them online for sale, part numbers, pics online, anything. Is there anyone that can point me to a source or information source for numbers, etc? Or some guidelines on fabbing them myself, they were aluminum I assume?

thanks yet again!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  2. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    Did you check under the cushions in your camper first. That is where many people store them. Otherwise you may need to check with a Jayco dealer to see if they could help. I'm not sure if there is much different from how they supported the beds then as to how they do now. If it's the same it may be easier. I had a 1006 Jayco, I had 4 poles on the bigger bunk end and two on the smaller end. Two poles on the front and two poles on the back we're just straight poles with the top part folded to fit in the bracket. So may be easier to replace. The two other poles on the front were bent almost in half to create like a shelf for the bed to rest on. Hope this can give you a general idea if what your looking for. Sadly I have no pictures as I no longer have my Jayco.

chrisarrick likes this.
  3. chrisarrick

chrisarrick Member

Oct 10, 2017
    North Central Indiana

Thanks, judging by the brackets on the underside of the slide outs, I should have 2 for both I believe. They aren't inside the camper anywhere. If nothing else this should be an easy fab project, in fact it will prob be cheaper to do than finding originals somewhere.

4. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    Does yours have a gueen bed on the front? If so, check to see if you have two brackets on the front of the trailer itself and not on the bunk. On mine the top part of the bent bar hooked into the bracket on the front of the trailer and the bottom I believe hooked into a v nitch slot on the tongue near the back, it created like a shelf for the bed to sit on in addition to the two other slots for poles you saw. I found this picture online not the greatest but kind of gives you an idea of location on the poles on the front. At least as they were on my '90. Just wish my canvas looked as nice on mine.;) 39219925_614-307x231.jpg

5. chrisarrick

chrisarrick Member

Oct 10, 2017
    North Central Indiana
    I spoke too soon. They were underneath each mattress, nearly all the way to the end. I assume the PO stuck them under there from the outside before sliding the beds back in. Sorry for the trouble but thanks. Very glad to have them.

6. DJS12354

DJS12354 Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Northeast PA
    Great that you found them. I'm sure you would have been able to male replacements or track some down, but I bet it was a big relief to find them.

chrisarrick likes this.
  7. chrisarrick

chrisarrick Member

Oct 10, 2017
    North Central Indiana
    Ya, now that I know what they should look like I could have made them, but you're right I'm glad they're here. $$ & time I can put elsewhere.

JPBar likes this.