93 Coleman fleetwood axle flip

Discussion in 'Tires / Brakes / Bearings / Axles' started by Mojeb, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Mojeb

Mojeb New Member

Aug 14, 2018
    93 Coleman fleetwood grandview. It’s a long shot but does anyone own one of these ?

I’m looking to do an axle flip and wondering what size tire I can go up go. Would be nice to hear from someone that has already done it. Currently has 20.5x8x10

2. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Elkins WV area
    You should be able to go to a 13 inch tire

3. Mojeb

Mojeb New Member

Aug 14, 2018
    Also, I realized my axle is the 1 7/8 but it doesn’t seem to be a straight axle . Looks like it curves slightly up.

All the kits I see are for 2 3/4 or bigger . Hmmm

4. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Elkins WV area
    The axle is arched upward in order to maintain proper tire camber. When moving the axle make sure the arch is still facing up. Tractor supply has 1 7/8inch spring saddle's. You will have to measure your u bolts. If the pup has brakes, the saddles will have to be welded as the axle will rotate when brakes are applied

Matt Benoit likes this.
  5. Matt Benoit

Matt Benoit Active Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Warren, MI
    Joet said it perfectly. Wait until after you do the lift, then measure for tires. I agree, 13in wheels will probably fit.

6. ezakoske

ezakoske Active Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Escondido, CA
    Since you mentioned the axle arch, it's important to reiterate that axle "flip" is not an accurate description...it's better described as a spring over axle conversion.

7. Mojeb

Mojeb New Member

Aug 14, 2018
    Yup correct , I guess for straight axle a flip would work .