95 Palomino Filly-RG rebuild w/ Questions

Discussion in 'Camper Restoration Projects' started by Lumberjackshaw, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Lumberjackshaw

Lumberjackshaw New Member

May 15, 2018
    Good Day,

I've taken on a pop-up rebuild project. You can see some of my progress over at my blog, https://joshuaallenshaw.com/blog/camping/pop-up-camper-rebuild-project-1/, though I'm a couple posts behind on actual progress.

I've actually found answere to most of my questions here on this forum from other projects. But, this pop-up restore had already been started when I took it on and I'm having trouble identifying some of the parts and their use.
    Can any one tell me what these are for?

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    Just a guess and I have no idea where they would go on your pop up. Rectangular ones were to hold some sort of rod, the other two looks like clamps for that rod, did the camper have an awning?

3. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    Looking at pictures, it dosent seem like that's it.

4. Lumberjackshaw

Lumberjackshaw New Member

May 15, 2018
    I've already accounted for all of the awning parts. I do think the parts are related, since there are 2 of each, and both seem unessential (though probably important in the useful sort of way). It looks to me like the slot holds something, similar to the way a door holder works. The entire door was disassembled by the former owner. It may very well be related to the door, but I already have the door installed and functional and I do not see any holes where they could have attached. The canvas and much of the hardware had also been removed, but, again, I have the canvas attached and can't find anything to match these up to.

5. rickthecabbie

rickthecabbie Member

Jun 27, 2018
    It is not often that I can answer a question confidently, so thank you for posting this.
    I am certain that the 2 parts on the left are clips to hold a sink to the counter top.

Sjm9911 likes this.