AC Drain Help

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by gatorbait, Jun 21, 2019.

1. gatorbait

gatorbait Upstate, SC

Hi everyone,
    Last week I replaced my AC shroud. One bolt was too rusted to remove and I ended up having to remove the evaporator cover to have someone cut it off and weld a bolt on. I cleaned all the debris out. Today I'm camping and the AC seems to work great. Strong air, blows super cold. But there is no water draining!! Normally it puts a good steady drip. I cannot find anything inside or out. I'm terrified! I have 2 more days of temps in the 90s.
    Anyone have an idea what may be going on? I'm gonna hate to not use it but I don't want to damage my roof.
    I have 99 Coleman with an original Mach 3 I think.

2. gatorbait

gatorbait Upstate, SC

Nevermind I figured it out. My son had leveled the pup perfectly. It was late a I didn't check it. This made it drain directly center where it went up under the gizmos and pooled on the bunk roof. My daughter accidentally hit the bunk roof and it all poured off. When I had son check the roof he was looking on the wrong side. Crisis averted. Now I can relax. Sorry for the stupid post.

Sjm9911, Orchid and eoleson1 like this.
  3. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

Not a stupid post. Glad you figured it out, and even gladder it wasn't a problem. I cringed when I read your original post.

gatorbait, Sjm9911 and Orchid like this.
  4. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

THIS ^^^^ I agree that is was a very good post! The lack of drip sounded very scary. My first thought was it was going inside the roof ... eeek! So glad you got it figured out. I would have posted for help about this, too!

Sjm9911 likes this.
  5. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Glad it wasn't anything serious. Had this happen to me, it all pooled up on the roof until I was about to lower the roof. The movement caused a waterfall effect right about where I was cranking. Yeah now when I use AC I try and remember to leave one side a tad lower.

gatorbait and Sjm9911 like this.
  6. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

When we was using the electric sites alot I always leveled the side to side about an inch or so lower on the back side to allow the AC to drain off behind the trailer instead of down on the patio area... The end to end has to be pretty close to level or I can't open my trailer door haha...

I have one of those level bubble gauges right next to the bottom of the POPUP door...
    [​IMG]
    google image

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

7. gatorbait

gatorbait Upstate, SC

I thought the same thing!

Orchid likes this.
  8. gatorbait

gatorbait Upstate, SC

I do have bubble levelers and never get it perfectly level side to side. Just dumb luck this time. It's my son's job to level and being 10 I should've gone behind him like I normally do but didn't. He was so proud it was perfect. I think he understands now that perfect is not perfect lol. Had I just not opened the AC I wouldn't have given it a second thought. Made me realize I have no idea how these alumitite roofs are constructed. Plus it's time to replace the seal. All the million things that go through your mind when something is wrong lol!