AC roof brace

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by Nasteff, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Nasteff

Nasteff New Member

Does anyone know if our 2000 Coleman Santa Fe would have came with the AC roof brace by factory default. It has the abs roof which is in perfect condition and appears to have one brace in the center of the roof near the door. Is this the only brace that’s required for the ac or is there an additional one that gets added? I’m thinking of getting a roof ac added but I don’t want to wreck the abs roof which I’ve heard can have issues with the added weight.

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Mine has the a.c. and 1 brace. If your roof is abs and in perfect condition I would paint it with bedliner to make sure it dosent develop problums. The work is worth peace of mind !
    Mine is a Coleman Westlake 2000. Don't know the size compared to the Santa fe , but it's one of the bigger campers. And I have 0 roof sag.

3. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

One brace on ours. It's held up 20 years, so not concerned about having another one. We did Grizzly Grip the roof.

4. Nasteff

Nasteff New Member