Ac/ thermostat

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by Jeff&Gail, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Jeff&Gail

Jeff&Gail New Member

We just bought a 2004 Coleman Fleetwood pop up, our first camper, I'm not real forsure how the AC works, it blows air out but it's not real cold air, it was 65 degrees yesterday when I was checking it out, does that make a difference? Or does it have a thermostat somewhere that I didn't see?

2. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

The compressor may not kick on if it's only 65 degrees....You should have a thermostat either on a interior wall or mostly likely on the ac units control panel.

Jeff&Gail likes this.
  3. Jeff&Gail

Jeff&Gail New Member

Ok it's supposed to get about 80 today, if I get time I will check it out again, thank for the info

4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

You did not state what A/C unit you have, most are mounted on the roof of the unit.
    Most pup's have the A/C mounted on the roof and the thermostat is on the front panel of the A/C unit, If the A/C is ceiling mounted there is not normally a wall hung thermostat. But as stated @ 65 degrees I doubt the A/c would be putting out much cold air.

5. Jeff&Gail

Jeff&Gail New Member

It's a roof mounted carrier unit, maybe it will warmer next weekend an I'll try it again, thanks for the response