Advertising where you've been.

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Flamingo Guy, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Flamingo Guy

Flamingo Guy Member

Feb 23, 2018
    Parma Ohio
    20170924_112241-1.jpg Anyone else display stickers from the campgrounds they've been to? Or do you have other ways to save memories? Souvenir rituals? We love purchasing stickers at the campgrounds we stay at. The kids really like fighting over which one to buy...and where to place them. And they're only a couple of bucks...so THAT makes me happy.

2. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Northwestern New Jersey
    I would prefer to see out the back window.:smiley:

3. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    We've not done this, but I can remember when I was a kid seeing campers with decals/stickers from places they've been. At Christmas, my sister gave us a map of the US with stickers for each state. I think it's all weather, but haven't decided where to display it. [:)C]

Flamingo Guy likes this.
  4. Flamingo Guy

Flamingo Guy Member

Feb 23, 2018
    Parma Ohio
    Even without stickers...the rear window is useless. Between me and my son, and my girlfriend and her two kids. Packing light is not an option

Attached Files:

Jorja and jnc like this.
  5. MrsSquid

MrsSquid Active Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Virginia
    We don't have stickers, but we may soon have to get a larger refrigerator to accommodate the magnets. :wink:

Katskamper, Orchid and Flamingo Guy like this.
  6. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    I remember as a kid on a family trip in the early 1970's, stopping at Wall Drug in South Dakota. When we came out after doing our touristy obligations, there was a big Wall Drug bumper sticker on the bumper of Dad's brand spankin' new Chevrolet Kingswood Estate station wagon (similar to the Family Truckster). Dad was furious as he was still enjoying the pristine beauty of his new car and now he has a full sized monstrosity of a bumper sticker on his "baby" that would not peal off. Well, part of it pealed off, but most of the sticker and the glue remained. It stayed that way all the way to our Seattle destination.

Apparently, a Wall Drug employee had place bumper stickers on the back of most of the vehicles in the parking lot to get some free advertising for Wall Drug. Dad's anger must have made quite the impression on me because to this day, I will never stick anything on my vehicles or trailers and I always remember Dad's reaction when I see bumper stickers on other vehicles.

In short, that's a big "no" for me.

2mommas, J Starsky, Orchid and 2 others like this.
  7. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Northwestern New Jersey
    I am the same way. I even remove the dealer sticker when I buy a vehicle. The only exception was when I needed a sticker to enter a secure area with my vehicle. As soon as the assignment was over off it came.

8. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

The wife likes to collect coffee cups. I have to some what agree with BikeNFish on the stickers on the vehicles.

Flamingo Guy likes this.
  9. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    Same here. I tell the dealers that if they want me to advertise for them, they will need to drop the price of the vehicle another $1000.

10. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    My mom always collected those fancy spoons. I've picked up a couple magnets myself. Like BikeNFish, my dad freaked out over a bumper sticker and is a big no for me as well. I remember seeing someone on here who collected patches and or pins and put them on her curtains in the camper. I've considered something similar, but did not want my curtains damaged. So far it is just pictures that is my memento.

11. Paul in Nanaimo

Paul in Nanaimo Member

Feb 6, 2017
    Years ago we travelled to the east coast of Canada, then to the west coast, and back to Ontario through the US on both occasions. We purchased provincial and state stickers which were applied to the rear of our StarCraft trailer...we had quite an impressive collection. When our kids went off to school and we sold the trailer, I felt really bad watching the stickers drive away.

12. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    We have painted cookie sheets with most of our magnets and small stickers on our kitchen walls like hung like pictures. Great for remembering the good times.

13. Flamingo Guy

Flamingo Guy Member

Feb 23, 2018
    Parma Ohio
    What a great idea!

14. Arruba

Arruba Active Member

Nov 28, 2014
    Central Oregon
    So when did you photograph the back of my Explorer?[LOL]

I too like the cookie sheet idea. My oldest son stickers up his Yeti cooler. My youngest son uses the side rear glass of his Cherokee.

Flamingo Guy and jnc like this.
  15. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
    So far we've only camped at State Parks and I have either a Pin, a Patch or both from each one. They are displayed on a fishing vest that I have dedicated for that purpose. I do have a KOA pin on it though we've stayed at one and my Wounded Warrior pin but none others. I plan, when I have the time, maybe in another 20 years, to embroider a PUP on the back of the vest.

Jorja and jnc like this.
  16. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

We started buying decals from parks we go to a couple years ago and putting them on the side of our Pup. Unfortunately most of the parks we go to don't have such decals... many of them instead have patches... sure wish they'd also do decals. We don't have a ton yet but it's a fun memory wall and growing.

Can't post a pic because my pup is offsite in storage, probably under a large snow drift :(

17. crackerJack

crackerJack Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Scottsville, KY
    92D46835-55FB-4C29-9A5B-1C810784CD85.jpeg That’s about a year old. I got a few more since. :)

J Starsky, Jorja, JustRelax and 5 others like this.
  18. PointyCamper

PointyCamper Active Member

Nov 25, 2015
    We have lots of stickers from various parks but have been hesitant to put them on the camper in case we ever get a bigger Aliner and have to start over. Been thinking of velcro attached to plexiglass- of which we have a bunch, stuck to the camper. Hmmm. Opinions welcome.
    But I have lots of pins from national parks on my boonie hat which I do enjoy. And we have t-shirts!

Flamingo Guy likes this.
  19. gardenbliss

gardenbliss Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2013
    San Diego
    My mom would collect pins from all the ski resorts we would go to. I collect magnets and stickers but I don't put them on the camper. I do have an "I'd rather be camping" sticker on my SUV with a picture of a Pop Up camper on it :)

Flamingo Guy likes this.
  20. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Active Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Kentucky
    I’ve been gathering magnets from each campground and plan to add a sheet metal panel to the inside of the door to stick them too. My original plan was to stick them to the fridge until I realized it is plastic.

The pup we had growing up had its back covered in stickers from everywhere the previous owners had taken it. I loved looking at them. They took it on grand adventures all over the country.

jumpoff and Flamingo Guy like this.