Air Conditioner (Maybe adding one)

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by silvermickey2002, Jan 31, 2014.

What brand of A/C unit do you have?

Poll closed Feb 9, 2014.
  1. Coleman

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. Dometic

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Penguin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Advent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Here is a pic of it at the dealer and in our driveway.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. mjsny

mjsny Member

Nice Silvermickey..nice low profile AC. I also like the yanks propane cover.

I especially enjoyed the photos because my dealer called today and my A/C installation is done. I had a Coleman Mach 8 installed as well but I won't be able to pick it up until Saturday.

How did the AC affect rear visibility?

3. silvermickey2002

It did not affect the viability as bad as I thought. As we were driving home on the NJ Turnpike I could not see a car behind me, but I could see a full size van. I guess it depends on your setup. I could for sure see a tractor trailer coming up behind me!! [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] If you ever drove on the NJ Turnpike you know what I'm talking about!!!

About the A/C unit:
    I did have the dealer open the pup back up and we tested it. Wow, does that thing get cold fast! It was a little loud when standing outside, but it was in their shop so I'm sure it echoed in there! But inside it was pretty quiet! We are very happy with the install. Dealer did a nice job!

The dealer has never installed a Mach 8 on a pup before, but they were very impressed with how it looked and it's 15 pounds lighter then the others. They said they will start keeping these units in their inventory.

One more thing, never let your wife walk through the RV store! You will end up buying something, in this case we purchased a Socket Genie!!! [LOL] [LOL]

4. mjsny

mjsny Member

I know the NJ Turnpike well but haven't towed the pup on it yet. I will when we go to Maryland this summer and I am not looking forward to that part.

I had an appointment scheduled for about month for a Coleman Mach 3 installation, but after seeing your post I researched the Mach 8 and decided to go that route. I am looking forward to picking it up this weekend.

5. silvermickey2002

It was funny, all the shop techs were actually impressed with the unit on the pup!! They said it looked nice with a low profile unit on it. Also it's 15 pounds lighter!

Guess the big test for us will be camping in hot weather! The only reason we got an A/C unit is because the DW has a very hard time sleeping when it's really hot and humid. That's why we really don't go south in the summer. We will go north or west to higher elevations!

6. mjsny

mjsny Member

Picked mine up yesterday.
    [​IMG]

7. jman1200

jman1200 http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/jmanotas/

Hi

I own a Coleman Bayside 2000 and I'm looking to install a roof mounted AC and get rid of the portable unit I'm currently using.
    This model is supposed to be AC ready, it comes with the breaker and the four plugs on the ceiling but it only has one support bar, not two.
    [​IMG]
    Does anyone own an ABS roof model with a factory installed AC that could confirm is there are supposed to be one or two bars?