Airing out the Popup after rain.

Discussion in 'General Camper Setup / Take Down' started by Mellow Ducky, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Mellow Ducky

Mellow Ducky New Member

Sep 3, 2018
    Southern Maryland
    My family and I took our popup out for the first time this past weekend. Unfortunately it was pouring rain while we were breaking the camper down to come home. It is supposed to rain here at home for the next couple of days, so it will be a bit before we can open it back up. Once we are able to, any tips or tricks we can do to make it easier? Just open her up and let her sit a day or two?

Thanks!!

2. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2018
    WV
    Go ahead and open it up, if you leave it closed your tents will get mildewed.
    If you park it where you can plug it in, run a dehumidifier or a fan inside to circulate the air.

Mellow Ducky likes this.
  3. Mellow Ducky

Mellow Ducky New Member

Sep 3, 2018
    Southern Maryland
    Would running the AC be ok? Or should we just use a fan?

4. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2018
    WV
    A/C would help dry it out, but with lower temps right now I don't know how much it will run.

Mellow Ducky likes this.
  5. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

You can go a few days before opening it up if its still raining out. In the summer I'm always surprised how quickly things dry off once you do pop it up when the rain finally stops. It shouldn't need to be a few days unless you have actual canvas that is soaked (we have vinyl covered fabric)

Mellow Ducky likes this.
  6. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    On my camper on a nice sunny day, my canvas can dry in a couple hours. Cloudy day it takes a little longer. A fan to run inside will help dry the inside out. My old camper it took all day to dry so it entitly depends on the type of canvas you have.

Mellow Ducky likes this.
  7. JustRelax

JustRelax Active Member

Feb 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It doesn’t take long to dry. Probably more important to get it back up as quick as possible. Up and raining is much better than closed and wet. Your mattress may be absorbing all that water that is closed up.

Mellow Ducky likes this.