Aliner Classic

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by BigTex56, Mar 3, 2018.

1. BigTex56

BigTex56 New Member

Apr 11, 2017
    Spring, Texas
    i just purchased a 2014 Aliner Classic. Ready for some new adventures.

OK. Made my introduction now I have a couple of questions.

1. Furnace would not light. Found switch behind cover and one on thermostat. Still nothing.

2. Original stove was not being used. It was stored outside. Cleaned it up but didn’t try to light it yet. When connected, there was no propane smell.

2. ~erik~

~erik~ Active Member

Jan 19, 2015
    North Georgia
    Question 1 and Question 2 might be connected - as in no propane?
    Be sure tank is not empty, that valve is open, etc. Should at least have propane noise and odor at stove when valve opened there...

3. BigTex56

BigTex56 New Member

Apr 11, 2017
    Spring, Texas
    No, there was propane and it was on. Refrigerator was running on propane. Stove problem figured out. Quick disconnect not so quick. Hard to lock fittings together. Stove worked when that was figured out.
    Haven’t tackled furnace yet.

4. nhlakes

nhlakes Active Member

Oct 15, 2011
    DE and NH
    Have you read the owners manuals for both camper and furnace? If not, start there. If you don't have them, search for them on web.

BigTex56 likes this.
  5. Fbird

Fbird Active Member

Sep 10, 2017
    Ferndale MI
    I know when my furnace hasn't been used in a while it takes several tries before it will light due to air in the lines.

BigTex56 likes this.
  6. MrBill12

MrBill12 Member

Nov 13, 2017
    Pensacola, FL
    I'm assuming you moved up the temperature setting high enough to trigger the furnace?

BigTex56 likes this.
  7. BigTex56

BigTex56 New Member

Apr 11, 2017
    Spring, Texas
    I did. I could here the thermostat clicking. Thanks for the suggestion.

8. Tukee44

Tukee44 Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Your ignitor may be faulty. Your airflow sail switch may got stuck. Your controller board may have failed. You gas solenoid may have failed. You should hear the ignitor trying to ignite. After 3 strikes, it will give up but the fan is still going. You need to turn off the unit and restart the cycle.

I had similar problem before (10+ yrs old unit). I ended up replacing the controller board.

9. BigTex56

BigTex56 New Member

Apr 11, 2017
    Spring, Texas
    Do I need to disconnect the battery to make sure the unit is completely off to restart?

10. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Active Member

Welcome to the Aliner/Aframe Family from AZ.

You can call and ask CNW to email you a copy of your Aliner’s Owner’s Manual. They’re very helpful in providing information, recommendations and etc.

Here’s a link for the Aliner Owners manual from the RV52 website.

http://rv52.com/wp-content/uploads/...r-Owners-Manual-Users-Manual-Rev-12A-0711.pdf

And here’s a link for the Atwood furnace manual from an online manuals website.

http://www.manualsbase.com/manual/6...ducts/atwood_mobile_products_furnace_7916-ii/

Wishing you the BEST of camping.

Happy Camping...[ALPU][PUT]

BigTex56 likes this.
  11. BigTex56

BigTex56 New Member

Apr 11, 2017
    Spring, Texas
    Got the furnace to work tonight. It think it just needed the switches to be worked some. The previous (original) owner said he didn’t use it. Used ceramic space heater instead.
    I just kept working the off switch on the thermostat when I was frustrated with it and all of a sudden the fan came on. Didn’t get hot that first time. I kept messing with it and saw an orange glow. Then I hear some clicking and it started heating. Might need a new thermostat if it’s going to be finicky.

12. BigTex56

BigTex56 New Member

Apr 11, 2017
    Spring, Texas
    Can the thermostat be replaced with a digital thermostat?

13. Fbird

Fbird Active Member

Sep 10, 2017
    Ferndale MI
    yes, I just did that last fall.

BigTex56 likes this.
  14. BigTex56

BigTex56 New Member

Apr 11, 2017
    Spring, Texas
    6B1343EA-9C63-49E8-928F-A0C138538452.jpeg
    Did so this evening. Great improvement over the old thermostat!!

15. PointyCamper

PointyCamper Active Member

Nov 25, 2015
    Welcome to the Aliner family.
    Aframes are a lot of fun and nice to tow.
    Sounds like you have a handle on the systems!

16. Byrd_Huntr

Byrd_Huntr Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Minnesota
    Welcome! If you are camped where there is electric power, you won't need the furnace if you have a little fan forced electric heater. That's all we use for most of our fall trips in Minnesota. Cheaper to run and quieter.

Lloyd B likes this.
  17. BigTex56

BigTex56 New Member

Apr 11, 2017
    Spring, Texas
    I understand, but I wanted the ability to run heat off of propane for boondocking purposes if needed. It works great now after installing the digital thermostat. It is cool here in the mornings and I’ve been testing it. Thermostat set at 70° and 50° temperatures here in the morning. I can walk out to the camper and switch the thermostat from off to heat and the furnace kicks in immediately. No more fumbling around with the finicky manual thermostat.
    I’m also carrying a ceramic space heater for when I have hook ups.

18. penny

penny Active Member

Nov 9, 2017
    If the blower is coming on but not lighting, and you are running off the battery and not plugged in, it could also be a low battery.

19. BigTex56

BigTex56 New Member

Apr 11, 2017
    Spring, Texas
    It's working now. The thermostat solved the problem.

20. jackquontee

jackquontee Member

Apr 24, 2013
    I need to do the same as I broke the switch on mine last fall simply trying to turn it on.
    Any potential surprises or challenges in switching to the digital?