Aliner: interested but...

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by RuralGuy, Jun 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. RuralGuy

RuralGuy New Member

Thanks.

2. GypsyH

GypsyH New Member

Sounds good to me also. It's pretty loaded sounds like and Dometic makes a 28qt freezer cooler that is designed to be one or the other. You can freeze or set temp to cool. Mine does both. Anyway I assume the fridge is 12v/110 on the Ranger so it sould work with a 100w panel . Just an add on about being able to keep food cool if off grid. You will pay for it's cost in savings for ice and lost food when it ends up floating in melted ice. $5-7$ a 10lb bag in SW last year.

3. Wakita46

Wakita46 Active Member

Definitely get the off road package, lifter/wind protector, and fantastic fan.

Rik Peery likes this.
  4. PointyCamper

PointyCamper Active Member

Probably not a bad price if there are no “extra special dealer fees”
    The lift pole wind kit is very nice.
    I think dual LP tanks are overkilll and definitely add to your tongue weight, if that is a factor.
    I check this dealer website for Aliner custom info
    https://www.prosserrv.com/read-more-about--aliner-ranger-12-form
    Also there are some good used deals to be found. We got one last year and are thrilled.
    https://alinerownersclub.org/swap-shop/for-sale/

5. Boltonfish

Boltonfish New Member

I looked at a lot of used campers before deciding on a new Chalet. I was impressed with the fit & finish, and quality of the framing & wood work & hardware, over what I saw in other similar models (A-Liner, Forrester, etc.). Chalet is a small shop located in Oregon, and used ones seemed pretty hard to find. I also like the feature of a wet bath/cassette toilet "cabinet", and the higher counter top located at the hard-sided dormer end opposite where the bed is. I opted for a new one because I want the warranty, and I think I'll maintain it better than most.