Aliner roof hinge/joint leaking

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by Gail Hill, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Gail Hill

Gail Hill New Member

Oct 20, 2013
    SE Georgia
    IMG_4443.JPG We have a two year old Aliner we bought new back in 2016. It's the expedition with two soft side dormers. We LOVE this unit, but......last weekend camping we noticed water dripping from the hole that the light line come out of, right over the sleeping area, of course. It's only our 5th time taking it out!! There are not bubble windows on this unit so we figured it was coming from either the place where the screws are or the joint where the dormer top meets. I contacted Aliner but the warranty is only good for one year. You'ld think a $26,000.00 camper would have a better warranty. But any way, I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

2. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Active Member

Jun 15, 2018
    Virginia
    Not YET; washed our Ranger 10 last week (single dormer) while it was in the down position, put it up, water was leaking from the fan, but not too bad...hope someone can reply for you & help, good info for future reference...

3. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

May 23, 2018
    South Carolina
    No dormer on our Scout. Got a picture of how the soft dormer is attached to the roof at the bottom?

4. woodentoy

woodentoy New Member

Apr 16, 2018
    Ogunquit Maine
    Was it cold out? Did you have the heat on? The reason that I'm asking is because we just came back from a trip out west and on several cold mornings the condensation dripping from the aluminum frames was quite noticeable. At first I thought that there was a leak.

Mizbeckbo likes this.