all terain wheelchair

Discussion in 'Camping for the Medically/Physically Challenged' started by robynbanks, Jan 16, 2013.

1. robynbanks

robynbanks New Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I took my son Tracy camping for the first time to the races in Atlanta. His new All Terain Wheelchair was a HIt. As most of you know a wheelchair does not work well over dirt so I did sum reseach and came up with Action Track Chair. This chair allows my son to go anywhere he wants to go, we also spend alot of time at the river and this chair does not slow him down abit, it just glides over the sand, mud, water anything here is the site if your interested www.actiontrackchair.com. if someone will tell me how ill post a pic of the chair

2. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Active Member

Aug 23, 2009
    That is cool ...can you get me in the ballpark on price ?

Think Outside !- No Box Required.

3. robynbanks

robynbanks New Member

Dec 10, 2012
    the one we got was $11,100 . that included a carrier and other items that are extra, but we raised the money in a month with donations and it can be used as a medical write off on taxes

4. Shuswap

Shuswap New Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Sent the link to a friend who is an avid outdoorsman and losing his mobility - thanks for posting. From the looks of it, you will be able to share wonderful outings with your son.

5. AceCombat

AceCombat New Member

Jun 4, 2013
    That is one cool chair. I am a DSW and know so many people who could use these. Couple of questions if your still around the site. What are battery run times like, speed, ease of use and any down sides you have had to deal with so far.

6. jerry_ma

jerry_ma Member

Oct 25, 2012
    What does DSW mean?

7. CaliforniaPoppy

CaliforniaPoppy California and beyond!

Dec 4, 2007
    California Coast
    Wow! I can see how that would be life-changing. So cool!

8. jab2181

jab2181 New Member

Jul 4, 2012
    How cool, so glad they are coming out with more things like this, everyone should be able to experience outdoors. So glad you guys found this. As for posting pics I use photo bucket and use the [​IMG]

9. AceCombat

AceCombat New Member

Jun 4, 2013
    Oh sorry it stands for Developmental Services Worker. The most fun and rewarding job I have ever had. I have been working in the field now for 8 years. I started at Rideau Regional Center which was an institution in Smiths Falls but unfortunately was recently closed and the residents thrown to the wolves or group homes that were paid big bucks to take them. These were residents that had lived there for sixty plus years. RRC was a city in itself. We had physiotherapy job skills even a dentistry office and hospital ward.

10. PATMD

PATMD SOILENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!

Feb 16, 2009
    EDEN, NORTH CAROLINA
    That is awesome!!!! how I miss taking hikes in the woods or being able to walk on the beach again. I can walk and stand but my endurance for walking any distance is very low. Stream fishing is especially difficult, but that chair would make it fun!!
    PATMD

11. AceCombat

AceCombat New Member

Jun 4, 2013
    I know what you men. I'm only 36 but I was recently diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis. Which is a narrowing of the spine that puts pressure on the nerves in my lower back. I am on some major pain meds but the pain is always there. I miss mountain biking and all the things I used to do. The one thing that hurts most of all is I feel like I am missing out on my girls growing up. I want to be the dad that jumps on the trampoline or teaches them how to ride their bikes but most days I can barely get the energy or feel well enough to get out of bed and do the basics. I work full time overnights at a group home for disabled adults and by the end of four nights and being home and awake in the day with maybe three hours sleep each day I am burnt right out. Then I have either three or four days with them before I go back to work. Not sure how this happened to me I was always the one swimming fishing hiking. Then about three years ago boom it hit nd it's been he'll ever since.

12. robynbanks

robynbanks New Member

Dec 10, 2012
    [​IMG]

Photo of my son with his chair while camping at he racetrack

Haybale likes this.
  13. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

Jun 10, 2011
    ^^^That is soooo awesome!

14. SongCamper

SongCamper Member

Jul 4, 2017
    Nashville
    Thats a really great chair! Thanks for sharing!