Another Camp & Dive

Discussion in 'Canoeing / Kayaking, Boating, & S.C.U.B.A.' started by scubacamper, May 5, 2014.

1. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

I'm planning another trip where we camp and scuba dive for later this summer. This trip will be in Venice, FL for Shark's Teeth. We'll most likely camp at Oscar-Scherer SP north of Venice and south of Sarasota. Anyone ever camp there and have recommendations? Normally we stay at the Motel 6 right in Venice but now with the PUP we're anxious to take it.

Later,

Doc

2. driftin by

driftin by New Member

Just jealous. Sorry I can't help with CG recommendations. Have a great trip!

3. scubacamper

If you ever make down our way we'll help you any way we can.

4. Hoomi

Hoomi I write everything the voices in my head tell me.

I have a friend that lives, dives, and camps in Florida. Let me ask her and see if she has any input.

Okay. Here's what she said:

5. scubacamper

I was sent an IM from someone who lives there and they gave me some other choices but OS seems to be our current choice.

Thanks everyone.

Doc

6. budlight

budlight Member

We have stayed at OS and snorkeled the beaches. Next time we would camp away from the creek, it was very smelly at times [2C]. Both DW and I are also divers for many years but inactive do to the kid factor [:D]

7. scubacamper

You should camp with us at one of our spots and do like we do now...the DD's are 4 & 6 so we hook up with another diver(s) and while one of us watches the the kids (theirs and ours) then we swap.

If you watch what I post maybe we could meet and dive together? Trust me we would dive 50+ dives a year and now maybe we get 2 or 3 dives a summer in.